Mine 21

Copyright © 2010 Alexandra-Patricia Pusca 

§§§ 21 §§§

Liam was so stressed because of these new emotions he felt that he didn’t care that he had an audience as he killed the crazy Royal. There was no hope for the guy and he was the murderer they were looking for. He knew that the Royals were not going to easily accept the death of Maurice’s son, but he did not care. The guy deserved this and much more, even though he controlled himself because of a human's frantic heartbeats. Tanya was there and she could see everything that happened. It was enough that she probably considered him a murderer. He did not need her to believe that he was a sadistic sociopath.

“Ty…?” Nicholas asked unusually alarmed all of a sudden.

Tanya was swaying on her legs as she tried to push him away.

“Why are you not afraid Nic? Why are you accepting this so easily? He… he just murdered a man in front of us… we have to call the police…we…” she said before fainting.

Liam caught her before she could hit herself.

“Welcome to my world angel…” he whispered in her ear inhaling her unique scent while holding her in his arms.

Nicholas knelled beside them, regretting the fact that she saw them, that she had to see this ugly part of their world before she had the chance to see their good sides, if they had any.

She was one of them. It was true, but she did not know a thing about any of this. She was innocent. And he managed to keep her that way for so long, only until this pureblood had to get in his way.

“Why the hell did you have to kill him in front of her? Why did you have to taint her with our world?” a livid Nic screamed in Liam’s direction, making Liam’s men to react violently.

“How dare you talk like that to our lord?” David accused him, stepping menacingly towards him, while Gregory and his men were loudly growling.

Jeremy kept his distance not knowing how to react because Liam was his lord, bonded by blood, but Nic was his best friend. They shared a long history together.

“Stop it! All of you! I need to help her though her transition. The change is happening…” Liam said with sadness.

“What do you mean the change is happening?” asked Nic.

“I can smell it in her blood… You will feel it too, soon…” Liam said right before Nicholas felt something begin to move inside of him, moving him to his core, reshaping him violently.

His organs shifted inside of him, a terrible pain spreading through his body as he screamed in agony, falling on the ground.

“David, Paul, get rid of this mess” Liam ordered pointing toward the corpse of the Royal, completely ignoring Nicholas’s cries of pain.

“Gregory, take Nicholas inside the car!” he ordered quietly, addressing him for the first time since he had come.

“Please, don’t turn her… It might be just a reaction to everything that happened here. I have a connection with her and I can feel it. Something broke inside of her, but she is not awakening. Not yet… Please… I’m begging you… She is not ready” Nicholas whispered, reasoning with Liam.

Gregory and his men, Jeremy and even David and Paul were rooted to the ground as they had heard the exchange between their lord and Nicholas.

They could not understand what was happening, but none of them had the nerve to question their leader.

“We’ll see! I’m taking her to my place. Bad things are meant to happen and your house is not as safe as mine” Liam replied.

“If you’re taking her with you I’m coming too”.

“Get inside the car Nicholas and do not test my patience”.

“Gregory, take her car and make sure that you clean this”.

“Yes my lord. Everything will be taken care of!” Gregory vowed, looking through his lashes toward the unconscious girl resting in his master’s arms.

His master’s affection towards the human girl was making him suspicious that the girl was more than a simple human. She might be his master’s mate and he could not comprehend that. Never in their history was a pureblooded vampire mated with a human girl. It was unheard of. The purebloods had the direct obligation of preserving the power of their blood. Being mated with a human girl was outrageous, not to mention a real danger to the survival of their kind.

Gregory knew that Liam was able to feel his emotions, but he could not stop his thoughts.

“Soon Gregory, soon, you’ll know everything… I want you all in my office in two hours. We have important issues to discuss!” Liam informed them looking all around him while standing.