Mine 6

Copyright © 2010 Alexandra-Patricia Pusca 

§§§ 6 §§§

Liam was enjoying his drink when he was interrupted again by Lydia. If he knew that she was going to do this the entire night, he probably wouldn't have come to the club.

Behind her, two bodyguards were dragging a young man by his arms. He was merely a blond haired boy with light blue eyes and strong facial features.

"What is this all about?" Liam asked furiously.

This was the first night after the opening and this kind of incidents were dangerous. Black Bloods might be more civilized in the 21st century, but they were still predators. Their lust for human blood, their instincts and their temper were dangerous.

Maybe this was a mistake and the main reason why he didn't approve of the interaction between humans and his kind. It would have been better if they stayed in the darkness where they belong.

"This is Jeremy Jefferson. It seems that he doesn't understand the rules. He doesn't believe that he did something wrong..."

"I didn't do anything wrong. I couldn't find a parking lot so I asked the girls to go inside and wait for me..."

"Damn it kid, you know nothing about us? What do you think would have happened with your two human pets if I didn't put my guards to keep an eye on them? They're unmarked!" Lydia yelled outraged.

"Lydia, keep your voice down!" Liam ordered with coldness.

"This is neither the time nor the place to discuss something like that. We will discuss this matter with the Council as soon as possible. We have to decide a protocol for this kind of situations so something like this doesn't happen again. I will not tolerate this kind of behavior in a public place. Your father left you his business Lydia. You have to be able to face this kind of situations! What would have happened if I wasn't here?" Liam said menacingly.

"And you, boy, I shall punish you for not taking care of your... consorts. If you do not know the rules I shall talk with your father to send you in the Council's custody for a while so you can learn." Liam threatened with fury.

"Tanya and Anne aren't pets or consorts, they're my friends and I know the rules very well. Leaving them alone for a few minutes wasn't a capital error" Jeremy yelled, making everybody gasp. None of Liam's or Lydia's guards witnessed something like that. Nobody dared to contradict Liam, much less yell at him.

This was a capital offence. Jeremy was in a lot of trouble and he didn't even know who he was talking to.

Liam's eyes narrowed as he stood, looking menacingly toward the boy.

"Didn't your father teach you anything, Jeremy Jefferson?"

"Do you even know who you're talking to, you stupid child? I could kill you in the blink of an eye" Liam growled savagely scaring even his own men.

Nobody dared to say a word. When he was in such a state Liam became ruthless. And the kid, if he dared to continue with his nerve he was going to be dust soon enough.

Even so, when ancient vampires trembled in front of Liam's undeniable power, a mere human girl dared what nobody else dared: to contradict a pureblood.

"How dare you threaten my friend?" Tanya asked, while approaching the group of people gathered around Jeremy. And with her words it seemed as if time had stopped forever. Everybody present in the room stopped breathing while waiting for an end: a tragic one for sure.

Nobody dared to move, nobody dared to say even a single word as time was suspended on its thin chain. Nobody wanted to be in Liam's proximity when he was going to react.

Liam on the other hand couldn't believe that a mere human managed to come so close undetected. He did not hear her. He could not smell her intoxicating perfume until she was just a few meters away.

But he could definitely smell her now. It was a human female with a sweet vanilla and coconut scent whose voice captivated him completely.

His muscles tensed involuntarily, as soon as the words left her lips. She was angry and he could feel it all too well. But what meant a mere human's fury compared to his? He was sure that nothing. At least that was what he believed before facing her.

He would have never guessed what was in store for him before his dark onyx eyes met her dark green ones.