Mine 15

Copyright © 2010 Alexandra-Patricia Pusca 

§§§ 15 §§§

Liam couldn't believe what Nicholas was telling him. He couldn't accept that Tanya, his mate, was a Morgan, a member of a clan long time feared because of its power. If that was true, then her blood would be soon wanted by everyone. No... it could not be...

"I want to taste her blood. I can't and won't easily believe such a thing" Liam ordered in an icy voice, right before heading toward the door of the study in which they were.

"No. Don't touch her. She doesn't know a thing about this..." Nicholas screamed while struggling to hold Liam back and make him see reason.

"I don't care" Liam spat through his teeth, letting his instincts take over. It was dangerous for a vampire, let alone a pureblood, to lose control, but this was too much to handle. So many things happening in such a short period of time was too much even for him.  

"At least you care about her, don't you? Do you want to force the awakening? She still doesn't have the symptoms... If you bite her now her blood will react violently to your venom and she's not ready to control such a power. She's just a child... please..." Nic begged knowing all too well that he could not stop a pureblood even if he tried.

"Take your hands off me" Liam menaced, his eyes getting darker with each passing second.

Nicholas sensed the pureblood's dangerous mood so he released him, still blocking his way toward the door trying to reason with him.

"You may hurt me, but I won't let you do that to her. She is still in my care and most of all she is oblivious to any of this. Besides, you did not claim her yet, so stay the hell away from her" he yelled, completely ignoring the danger. Purebloods were unpredictable and staying between a pureblooded vampire and his mate was like signing your own death sentence. You simply did not interfere in such a case, but being her blood, Nicholas could not stay away.

He was tired of the entire situation, of his fear of being discovered, of his fear for Tanya's own safety, of his fear of the Council, so he did not care about the danger anymore. All he had left, after he lost his mate in the Morgan massacre, was Tanya and he would do anything to protect her.

Liam's body began to tremble in undeniable rage. He wanted to murder the vampire for interfering in his affairs, even though, deep down, he knew that the brown haired vampire's words were true. Tanya didn't know a thing about him... or about his world... and finding out the truth in an improper way could harm her but, he could not stay away from her. He needed her and most he wanted to make sure that she was still breathing. Finding out that she was a Morgan was a shock even for someone like him.

"I want to see her and I can't wait any longer. If you want me to at least have a little control, you have to let me see her..." he whispered before blurring outside the office without waiting to listen anything else that Nicholas could say. Thank god Jeremy did not interfere with his decisions.

His instincts were already fully alert as soon as he got out of the room his instincts and heightened senses guiding him in finding her. Following her scent he found himself in front of a beige colored wood door – most likely her bedroom.