Chapter 24

Authors Note - We're back~ I'm wrapping this story up very soon, possibly a few more chapters, this one is mainly filler but brings in some very exciting news for our dimension jumping couple! Hope you all enjoy! <3

-

I'm falling.

I'm falling.

I can't stop falling.

The wind flew past me, my coat fluttering wildly as my hair blew out in front of me, my eyes wide as I finally screamed, calling out as Dante burst from the window, diving down towards me. Electricity sparked around him, a screech leaving my lips again as he triggered.

His wings spread wide, forcing himself to dive down faster until he was in reaching distance for me. The ground was getting closer and closer with each passing second.

I wasn't going to make it.

I was going to die.

His arms wrapped around me, yanking me up and steadied me in his arms, gently taking me down to the concrete floor, allowing me to get down properly. He was still in his demon form, watching me intently as I panted, trying to catch my breath, leaning against him. My hand going to my stomach and praying nothing bad had happened, a whimper left my lips as my legs suddenly gave way, Dante reverting to his human form to catch me.

"Whoa, whoa, babe, it's ok, I'm here."

He scooped me up bridal style, my hands shaking as I clutched to the front of his shirt. My head leaning against his shoulder, I didn't know what to do; I didn't know what to say. I'd failed against Aurora, she had my pendant, Eva's necklace and she was going to summon the demon Aeon to get to the future of Dante's world...

So she could be with Arius.

"She's the Dimension Child you're looking for, isn't she?"

Dante's voice snapped me from my trance as he began to walk down the street, where he was going I didn't know, but my voice was quiet. My confidence struck, I'd thought I was strong enough, thought I was good enough... But I wasn't, I couldn't cope against Aurora.

And now she was going to destroy my world.

"No." I croaked out, eyes distant and dead. "She's not."

"She's not?"

"She... She broke all the rules... Everything a Dimension Child stands for..."

She wasn't the one I was looking for, everything that I had hoped for... What was the point? I wasn't going to get to be with Dante, and our child... I knew something horrible was going to happen, it always did. Happiness was torn away from me, nothing ever stayed right. Two years ago was the proof, I was torn away from Dante's world, torn away from him and the people that I cared about... Forced back to a place that I never felt like I belonged in.

"Masumi, I'm going to get you checked out..." Dante suddenly snapped me from my thoughts, of course, the hospital, where else would we be going at this point. "The... Our kid, we need to make sure they're ok."

The rest was a blur, my eyes closed as Dante brought me in, demanding for me to be seen and checked out, I didn't want to speak, didn't want to look. Even when Dante set me down and helped the nurse, I didn't even flinch when the gel was spread across my pelvic area.

"Don't worry, we'll be able to check if your child is ok." The nurse suddenly spoke, making me glance over to her. Dante's hand twining with mine, squeezing gently. Did he suddenly want this baby? The life he helped create by complete accident?