After Rehearsals

This one-shot's just short pero bawi ako next time. Haha. Enjoy!

@maichardjpg

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Nice! Nice! I think you're quite ready for tomorrow." The choreographer said as she clapped. RJ and Maine have just finished the last round of rehearsals for their performance the following day. They both thanked her and went to sit down on the stage. They rested for a few minutes before packing up. They felt exhausted. They've had some performances together before, but this one was different. They would be doing a dangerous routine that requires a quite thorough practice. RJ got two bottles of water from the ice box and handed one to Maine.

"Ang galing mo, Meng! Grabe ka, ang hirap nun ah!"
"Ikaw din kaya! Buti hindi ka nabibigatan sa'kin." She laughed.
"Sinong nagsabi? Bigat mo na kaya! May burger ka na rin."
She punched his left arm.
"Joke lang! Maganda lang talaga katawan ko. Sus. Easy."
Another punch.
"Pero seryoso ang galing mo. You actually danced like a pro. Hindi ka ba natakot?"
"Natakot din nung una, of course." She paused. "But meh, not really."
"Naks naman. Tapang."
"I'm not joking. Hindi ako natakot."
"Why?"
"Because I trust you. I trust that you wouldn't let anything bad happen to me."

RJ's expression softened. "Thank you for trusting me. Kanina pa akong takot na takot na baka mahulog ka!" He laughed.
"No, thank YOU."
"Welcome. Always welcome." He kissed her hand. They were both silent for a while. Maine was the first one to speak up.
"Pero Alden?" She placed her other hand on his cheek.
"Yes?"
"Wag kang matakot na mahulog ako sa'yo ha? Kasi ako, hindi na ako takot. Handa na ako."