Philippians 1:3

Maine woke up a little earlier than usual. She was on the left side of the bed facing the windows. She turned around to see RJ still in deep sleep. She moved closer and wrapped her arms around him. He shifted so they were now facing each other, his arm also found its way around her. She snuggled closer to his neck and took in his scent, he smelled of soap with a hint of his perfume, the one she loves the most because she gave it to him. He was still half-asleep but he placed a soft kiss on top of Maine's head.

"You want to do something today?"

"Hmmmm.."

"Mall tayo? Movies?"

"Hmmmm.."

Maine laughed onto his chest. She knew RJ was still not close to getting out of bed but she just found it cute whenever she was talking to him in his sleep and he would just mumble out incoherent words. She looked up to watch him sleep. The bags under his eyes were proofs of sleepless nights at work. She leaned in to kiss both eyes, wishing her kisses were enough to wash out the tiredness off his eyes (although she and their son are enough reason for his tiredness to wash away, he would always say). She slid the tip of her finger from between his eyebrows down to the tip of his nose and kissed it. She rubbed the scar on his right cheek. For her, it was a symbol of how strong he had been during those times when he felt like the walls of the world were closing in on him. It tugged at her heartstrings whenever she would remember those moments and she wished she was there to hold him tight, but she knows everything happens for a reason. Those circumstances just made him the stronger man that he is now. She kissed his scar, and whispered, "Beautiful". She ran her thumb over his lips and smiled. She imagined how sweet they tasted against hers and all the things they do to her body. She stifled a giggle. She planted a soft kiss on his lips and just stared at him. "I'm very lucky to have you, my love." She whispered and closed her eyes. Just as she was about to drift off to a deep slumber once again, she felt the door creak open and heard small yet heavy footsteps coming closer. She smiled to herself.

A part of their blanket was being pulled and the foot of the bed dipped. He crawled in between his mom and dad, trying to wake both of them up.

"Good morning, Thirdy." Maine smiled to her little one.

RJ rubbed his eyes and reached out to kiss his son on the cheek. "Morning, baby ko." He tickled his sides. Fits of giggles came out of Thirdy's mouth. Maine joined in and Thirdy burst into full-on laughter.

Once Thirdy's laughing subsided, he spoke up. "Nay, Tay, basketball tayo!"

RJ looked at Maine. "Are we going out to the movies?"

"Ha? We can go naman after. Basketball muna kayo ni baby, it's alright."

RJ smiled and kissed her on the lips. Thirdy jokingly covered his eyes, making his parents laugh.

"Oh, sige na. Let's get ready na. Basketball na tayo." Maine said, caressing Thirdy's hair.

"Yay!!" He said as his dad helped him get out of bed to get ready.

-

Maine was sipping her coffee as she sat on a chair in their veranda, watching her husband and son playing basketball in their court (RJ wanted to have a basketball court in their home because he missed playing when he was busy with work). RJ was patiently teaching Thirdy how to dribble while running and they would share fits of laughter every now and then. When RJ shot a three, his son's face brightened up and he jumped up and down in amazement. They shared a high five and RJ ruffled his son's hair. Maine smiled to herself. Her heart felt warm at the sight in front of her. She told them to rest for a bit as she was about to prepare breakfast.

She went in to cook breakfast, fried eggs, bacon, fried rice, and a cup of milk for Thirdy and coffee for RJ. She gathered them in a tray and walked back to the veranda. When she was about to call them, she found them on the floor, Thirdy on his iPad with RJ watching him play a game.

"Stand up na diyan, let's eat na."

They stood up and went to the kitchen to wash their hands. When they got back, the small table in the veranda was set up with the breakfast Maine prepared. They prayed before eating. They were a picture of a beautiful family. Maine looked at her man and baby boy and smiled to herself.

"I thank my God upon every remembrance of you." - Philippians 1:3