By His Side

This is my first one-shot. *hides* Tell me your thoughts by commenting below. You can also tweet me @maichardjpg. Thank you! Hope you enjoy! :)

--------------------------

It's Sunday but Maine's day isn't turning out too well so far. She has a full schedule today despite of her having the time of the month. She's seated on a reclining chair at the far corner of the studio reflecting on how bad her day has been from the moment she woke up.

Her cramps hurt like hell last night and she forced herself to sleep thinking it might somehow ease the pain. Earlier today, she just turned her alarm off when it rang because she was just so tired. Jecker and RJ bombarded her with phone calls and texts to wake her up, but she didn't seem to notice. Maine slightly opened her eyes and squinted against the light. She reached for her phone and cursed under her breath. 8:30 AM. She immediately sat up and readied her stuff in a rush. Her call time was at 10 AM and she was supposed to wake up at 7 because she'd need an hour to prepare and two for travel. She got her stuff and hurriedly went down the elevator. She drove herself and stopped for a minute at a Starbucks a few blocks from her condominium. Her head hurt from all the rushing, but she had no time for breakfast so she just settled for coffee. When she got her order, she turned on her heels only to be bumped by a random guy, causing an amount of her coffee to spill on her shirt. No. RJ's shirt. His white shirt. She gritted her teeth in frustration.

"Ma'am, sorry po. Sorry po talaga." the guy said with both a guilty and an apologetic look plastered on his face.

Maine is a nice person but her mood swings and running late didn't help so she tried her best to be as patient as possible. She forced a smile on her face and ran back to her car. She let out a heavy sigh and made her way to the shoot location. As if her morning wasn't bad enough, she got stuck in traffic. Checking her phone didn't cross her mind for she was already panicking. She got to the studio fifteen minutes after her call time. Luckily for her, the photographer got stuck in traffic as well so she had more time to spare for prepping up.

"Good morning, guys! Sorry, I'm late! Sorry, sorry, sorry!" Maine's voice echoed across the room as she greeted her team.

"Okay lang, Meng" Jecker replied. "Wala pa naman yung photographer, na-traffic daw."

Maine breathed a sigh of relief. "Sorry pa rin."

"Why aren't you answering my calls anyway? Pati yung kay RJ?"

"Nakatulugan ko kasi alarm ko eh. I wasn't feeling well last night."

"Do you feel okay now?"

"Yes." she lied. Jecker knew, but he knew better than to ask her further about it.

"Sige na. Get ready na." he said as he motioned to the glam team.

Maine is usually the one who brings happiness to the set with her antics and quirkiness, but she just stayed quiet as they dolled her up. They understood so they didn't push her to talk. They knew how she is when she's on her red days.

Being the professional that she is, she carried on through the shoot with amazing shots. She looked beautiful as ever, but something felt off. Her eyes looked tired despite of the concealer covering her bags.

Now, Maine's seated on her reclining chair. She simply texts RJ to tell him she's on her shoot and he doesn't have to worry. She doesn't have the energy to talk to anyone and she knows that he understands. She knows that he knows that when she feels better, RJ is the first person she'll talk to.

Being the social media lurker that she is, she goes on her twitter not to tweet but to simply check what's up. She checks her notifications and smiles to herself as she reads her fans' tweets. Many of which telling her to rest and get well. Her heart melts that she can't resist tweeting.

Maine Mendoza @mainedcm:
"Thank you for all your kind messages. I appreciate your concern so much. Aldub you all! 😘"

There, there. She feels slightly better after reading the sweet messages from her fans, not until she spotted hate tweets. Maine is known for not caring about all the hate. She often reminds people to "promote what they love instead of bashing what they hate". She'd always say "Kebs lang". It's true. She's glad that it's RJ who's with her through all this. They never fail to reassure each other. They know better than to let the hate get into their heads. She doesn't care about what the bashers say, but she's only human. Humans get hurt. No matter how much she reminds herself na "kebs lang", the hate just gets too much sometimes and it makes her stomach turn. Especially when it's her boyfriend they're bashing. RJ is the exact opposite of every insult thrown at him and it makes Maine sad that some people couldn't see that because they're so full of hatred. She tries to bring herself back to a good mood by focusing on the positive tweets instead, but it didn't help. Her day was just ruined. She is getting lost in her train of thoughts when Jecker walks up to her with a hesitant look. Maine looks up from her phone.