The Peace Keepers

An old man walked down the wide pure white halls of the mansion he lived in, sighing, his brow furrowed in worry. Something was wrong but he couldn't tell what it was, it bothered him to no end, what could possibly go wrong? He was the keeper of time, he should know this! But, it's best not to tempt fate...

The wise man walked to a hidden room, just under the staircase in his amazing library. Entering the quiet and dusty room, the Time Keeper looked around, trying to find if something was amiss. When he couldn't find anything he stepped into the room completely, shutting the door behind him softly, the door locking itself behind him. Taking no notice of this (as it happens more often than you think), Time walked to the small door just under the huge and spectacular staircase, taking out a small ivory key. Time unlocked the door and rushed into the room, he was going to find out the answers in his small enchantment room. As he neared the all seeing glass mirror, looking deep into the clear surface he pondered whether or not he should seek his answers else where.

"Seeing eye of the mirror, show me what may be amiss, ease my mind with soothing words filled with truth." Time spoke softly, looking into his reflection. His narrow brown eyes were looking back at him, his tan wrinkled skin evidence that he had watched over the many realms for many decades. Suddenly, a flash of yellow glinted over the surface of the mirror, replacing his image with a small brass pocket watch, its back was covered with glass so you could see the working cogs inside of it. 

Before Time could figure out what the picture meant, the scene shifted, showing three inhuman looking figures,  and finally, the scene shifted to a dark shadow, making the old man's eyes widened. "I thought you were dead..." He muttered, staring at the now normal surface of the glass.

A sudden crash behind him made Time return back to reality, he turned to see that a clock had fallen, a hour glass to be precise. He walked over and picked it up, growing extremely nervous, what was going on!? What was the shadow, Umbra, doing alive!? He thought the Gyains had killed it and sealed away the abyss.

Time hurried out of the enchantment room and into his library, he had to get the peace keepers! As he hurried to the door, the hourglass sat on the cold stone floor, the golden sands strewn about. Time reached the door and gripped the handle and turned, only for it to remain shut... He was locked in his library once again, only this time it was a dire situation, he hoped that it wasn't too late already.