Chapter 4

I'm a slow updater. I'm sorry.

*

Louis and Harry found themselves in a park, where they shared their first kiss. They were both lying in the grass, fingers intertwined at their hips, staring up at the setting sun.

"This is a beautiful place, Louis." Harry said. His thumb ran over Louis' knuckles. He sighed against the cool breeze that ripped through the air. It felt nice. "Did you have fun with Zayn?"

"Yes." Louis said, smiling. "I had a lot of fun. It's the first time I had fun since . . . since the accident."

Harry smiled softly at Louis, squeezing his hand. "I'm glad you had fun."

"Aren't you mad at me?" Louis asked, static at Harry with weak eyes. "I-I mean . . . it was all my fault. I started a fight and you stormed out-"

"Don't." Harry pressed a kiss to Louis' lips, continuing to run his thumb over Louis' knuckles. "I hate seeing you blame yourself. It's not your fault at all. I overreacted completely. If I wasn't being such a baby, I wouldn't have died. It's my fault, not yours."

Harry seems upset at the fact that Louis blamed himself for his death, so Louis didn't argue. He was curious about one thing, though. "What were we even fighting about?"

Harry though for a moment then shrugged. "Honestly? I have no idea. I don't remember."

Louis let out a disappointed sigh, looking away from Harry. "That's how stupid it was, huh? I started a fight over something stupid enough to just forget it, and now you're gone."

"I'm not gone." Harry said. "Look at me, Louis. I'm right here. I'm always here."

Louis looked up at him. "This is just a dream, Harry. You always haunt my dreams. This . . . this is no different."

"Of course it is." Harry rolled over, on top of Louis. He pressed a kiss to his lips, reaching up to stroke Louis' hair. "This is real, Louis. I'm coming back for you. You trust me, don't you?"

"Y-yes Harry, but this is my dream." Louis said, tears coming to his eyes. "And I don't trust myself."

Harry didn't say anything for a moment. He just stared at Louis for a long time, biting his lips.

"If I was just a dream, just your imagination, which I'm not," Harry said. "it would be you coming up with everything I say. Right?"

"Well," Louis thought for a moment, frowning. Where was Harry going with this? "yeah."

"I told you that Zayn was going to take you out, Louis." Harry said. "And that happened. You couldn't have known that, and that wasn't just some stupid coincidence."

Louis looked away, but Harry placed two fingers under his chin, titled Louis' head to look at him. "I am coming back for you. I'm real, Louis. Trust me."

Harry kissed him hard, one hand on Louis's cheek, the other in his hair. Louis' arms wrapped around Harry's neck as their legs tangled together. "Do you trust me?"

"Yes," Louis breathed, his voice no louder than a whisper. Their lips pressed together again. They just couldn't get enough of each other. That's what happens, the suppose, when you lose someone you love. If you're ever reunited, you never want to let go.

"Do you believe me?" Harry wasn't sure where he found the strength to pull away from Louis' all-too-addicting lips.

"Yes," Louis was lying. He didn't believe Harry was coming back for him, but why? He didn't know. Harry was right, of course, that he couldn't have known Zayn was taking him out it exactly when he would wake up, but this was impossible. Harry was dead.

"Good," Harry whispered. He lay his head on Louis' chest, and they both just lay there for a while, cherishing each other's company.

After a few hours, but what seemed like only minutes to Harry, Louis was gone, and Harry was pulled back into the black space where he could do nothing but think about the boy he was going back to.

Harry knew Louis didn't believe him yet. He had to find a way to convince Louis he was coming back, but how?