Chapter 7.5

Merry Christmas! Have you had a good day? I hope so, and I hope you all got what you wanted. Xx

===

Zayn was arguing with someone, shouting, cursing. Louis could tell as soon as he woke up at five o'clock in the morning, his eyes opening heavy, tired. Louis wanted to curse himself, but he also didn't want Zayn to know he was awake.

"We are not doing an interview about Harry! That is final." Zayn was saying, his voice close to a growl. Louis blinked, his eyes almost not opening again, but he forced them open. Why was Zayn talking about Harry? Who was he even talking to? Was there someone else in the room?

"I am not going to stand here and argue about this. It's bad enough that you called me at five o'clock in the goddamn morning." Zayn said. Oh, Louis thought. He's on the phone.

"This isn't about me, or even about Harry. This is about Louis." Zayn said. He sighed. "You know that Harry and Louis were in love- don't even try to tell me they weren't. Louis had a really fucking hard time talking about him without crying, and none of us are going to cry on camera just because you want us to."

Louis gulped. Just hearing Harry's name was making his tear up, especially since he was woken from his dream with Harry to hear about this. It was like a cruel, cruel reminder that he couldn't be with Harry for another day, that he couldn't spend all day curled into Harry's arms.

"No, for fuck's sake! How many times do I have to tell you we are not doing an interview about Harry?"

Louis burst out crying, although he didn't mean to. Zayn froze from where he was pacing and looked over at Louis, who had his hands over his face. Zayn hung up the phone and almost dropped it, rushing over to Louis and pulling him into a hug.

"Oh, Lou." Zayn muttered into Louis' hair, hugging Louis tight. Louis wasn't sure why he was crying but he didn't try to stop the tears, cried into Zayn's shoulder instead.

"I'm so sorry." Zayn whispered, kissing the top of Louis' head. Louis felt his hair dampening soon enough, and he realized just moments after that that Zayn was crying. "I'm so sorry, baby."

"Don't cry." Louis muttered, tilting his head up to kiss Zayn's neck. He closed his eyes and sniffled again. He wished Harry would come back, wished he would come back in Louis' dream. Come back, come back. "I love you."

"I love you, too." Zayn said. He hugged Louis for a moment longer then he pulled away, his hands moving to be on Louis' shoulders. "I'm sorry, for whatever you heard. I'm really, really sorry. I keep trying to tell them-"

"I wanna do it." Louis said, wiping the tears off his cheeks. "I-I mean, if you guys don't want to, we won't do it, but-but yeah, I-I wanna do it."

"You want to do an interview about Harry?" Zayn asked. Louis had to take a moment, because that was the first time in a long while that Zayn's said Harry's name in front of Louis. Why did it hurt so much? Louis asked himself. Harry's coming back. Harry is real. Harry's going to be a live again.

"Yeah. Yeah, I do." Louis nodded. He saw the confusion in Zayn's eyes. "I'm sorry, I just- I feel like the fans deserve to know."

"Okay." Zayn said, giving Louis a nod. "If you want to do an interview about Harry, we will. I'm sure Liam and Niall won't mind."

Louis nodded, too, and then he lay back down, pulling Zayn down with him. The two of them fell asleep together, wrapped up in each other. Harry didn't come back, but for the time being, that was okay, because Louis had Zayn and for now, Zayn was his lifeline.

===

This was a bit short and I'm very sorry :(