Chapter Eighteen - Nothing Lasts Forever

Mica.

After Harry cleaned up my arm yesterday, we decided to keep this to ourselves. Our secret, he called it.

It was a warm day today, but Louis and Zayn were sick. Liam and Niall went to the super market for their weekly shop, so Harry and I decided to go out on a bike ride.

We were in a forest, riding our bikes. Harry had my dads bike which was just a normal black bike. But mine was a black and red BMX bike. A very good one at that.

"Slow down!" Harry called from behind me. We were on a hill, and I was far ahead of Harry. My bike was made for tricks, so it went faster anyway. But Harry was a good bit behind me, and I couldn't see him anymore, I could barely hear him.

My hand went over the breaks and I pulled them, trying to stop the bike. But to my surprise, they didn't work. They were broken. I hadn't used the bike in what could have been months. I felt my heart beat speed up a little, my hands growing sweaty.

I took my foot off the pedal and put it on the ground, trying to stop the bike, but my foot only skid along the gravel. I looked to my right where there was a slope; steep and long and filled with gravel and thorns and little stones. 

But I wasn't paying attention, and the bike jerked to the right, falling right down the slope. I fell off my bike on the way down, rolling and hitting the sharp stones as I bounced.

I finally got to the bottom of the rocky slope, my bike underneath me. I just lay there groaning in pain, looking up at the bike path I had just fallen down from, waiting for Harry to pass. And he did, very fast. I didn't even have time to call his name and he was gone.

I groaned and lay there for another minute. My back was in the most pain. And the horrible heat wasn't helping, either.

But I finally got up, and there was a horrible stinging in my back. I sighed and looked around to see if anyone was here--and there wasn't--before taking my shirt off, leaving me in my bra and shorts. I looked over my shoulder, trying to see my back. There was blood on my back from where I could see, along with small scratches.

I sighed and groaned once again, looking at the deep cuts and blood on my back. Then I looked at my shirt, the back of it was covered in red stains. I sighed again.

I began to look around me. There were tall trees, grass, stones and a small lake. It was nice here, and it would probably be nicer if my black wasn't bleeding and I wasn't covered in scratches.

I walked towards the lake, looking into it. It looked very clean and there weren't any fish in it. I looked around again to see if anyone was here--and still, there wasn't--before slipping my shorts off and kicking off my shoes, leaving me in my bra and panties. I threw my clothes to the ground before walking into the lake.

The water was cold, which felt kind of nice with the heat but was still uncomfortable. Once I went far enough into the water for it to reach the cuts on my back, I squealed. The pain was horrible, but I kept going in further anyway. I went in far enough where it was up to my neck, soaking my body and underwear in the cold lake water.

I sucked in a deep breathe and went under for a minute, looking around for about three seconds before coming back up. I decided not to go in any further, considering I couldn't swim. 

I ran my wet hands through my wet hair, walking back out of the water and onto the grass. I sat on the grass and looked over to the slope I fell down, wondering what Harry was thinking right now.

Oh right, he's probably think of how much trouble he'll get in for losing the kid he was babysitting.

I sighed and laid back on the grass, shutting my eyes. I was tired and hot and in pain and decided that trying to climb back up that slope wasn't going to do me any favors, so I'd sit here and wait for Harry. He wasn't dumb, he'd find me.

"Mica!" I heard, the voice answering all my prayers. I looked up at the slope to see Harry standing there, waving his arms frantically. "Move!" he shouted. 

I looked at him confused, but before I could get up, something landed on my legs. Something huge and heavy. I screamed in pain and lay back, shutting my eyes tight as shocking sharp pain shot up my legs

When I opened then, I looked and saw a tree had fallen on me, of all things. The three wasn't massive, but it was big enough to cause damage. A tree falling on me was the last thing I thought would happen. A tree. Falling on me. That doesn't happen everyday.

I screamed again, the unbearable pain traveling through my legs. I couldn't move; it hurt so much.

Why does bad stuff always happen to me?

I looked to my left to see Harry running towards me. He knelt down beside me. By the time he was at my side I was crying roughly, my breathing heavy and shaky and I waited for him to decide on what to do.

"I'm going to pull you out, okay?" he said, his eyes worried. I cried harder and shook my head, knowing it would hurt. "Sit still Mica, okay? I have to. You can't lie under this tree."

"Ha-" But before I could say anything more, he began trying to pull me out. I screamed in pain as my legs were pulled from under the tree. And even worse, I was still in my bra and panties.

"I'll call an ambulance," he muttered as he took his phone out of his pocket. 

__

"Okay, your leg is definitely broken. I'll give you a boot to where for a while," The doctor told me. I sighed, the last thing I wanted was to where one of those big, heavy, ugly boots. I'll be sweating in that thing. "I'll be right back with it." With that, the doctor left.

Harry walked up to the hospital bed and grabbed my hand, squeezing it tightly. His palm was sweating and I could feel it against mine. "What the hell happened?" he asked.

"Well, I fell down the slope and cut my back, it was bleeding. So I decided to go in the lake to try and cool off and get the blood off and afterwards I just lay on the grass, the tree fell by its self because it's obviously an asshole that wants to cause me pain," I explained to Harry, watching happily as he chuckled.

Niall and Louis were stood on the other side of the bed and Zayn and Liam were in front of me. I looked around at all the boys and flashed them a smile, trying my best to ignore the pain in my leg, and hoping that the pain killers the doctor gave me would soon wear in.

He came back in with the boot in his hand, walking up to me. "I'm sure this is the right size," he said, waiting patiently to find out as he carefully fitted the book on to my broken leg. "Yep, fits perfectly." The doctor tightened it and helped me up. It wasn't as heavy as I thought it'd be, but still an annoyance.

Home.

"I guess bike riding was a bad idea," Harry chuckled as him and I sat on the couch. I nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, my bike broke anyway," I laughed.

The boys and I ended up watching TV and eating junk food for the rest of the night. What we do almost every night.

I really hoped the boys didn't have to go back to London soon. I wish they could live with me forever.

But nothing last's forever, like my bike.