Chapter Twenty One - I'll Try A Little Harder

Mica.

I could feel that familiar, warm, minty breath hitting the top of my head when I woke up again; it made me smile.

I slowly opened my eyes to find out that I was now facing Harry, my face buried in his chest. His arms were wrapped tightly around me, like he didn't want to let me go.

I tried to get out of his grip without waking him, but he wasn't letting go of me. I began shaking him, now trying to wake him when I realized he wasn't going to release his grasp around me.

"Stop," he whined quietly.

"Let go of me, Harry. I'm hungry," I giggled. A small smirk played on his lips as he held me tighter.

"You told me not to let you go," he smirked again. "The day I tried... that. You sang a bit of Don't Let Me Go," he told me. And I knew what he was talking about. I told him not to let me go.

"But Harry, I'm hungry!" I begged with a child-like voice. Harry chuckled again before taking his arms away from me and sitting up. He was in a T-shirt, so I could see his arms. And I couldn't help but just look at them.

"Harry, show me your arm," I whispered to him. He looked at me with a confused look, then looked at his arm, before holding it out to me without hesitation. I held his hand with my hand and with my other hand, I held just above his elbow.

I looked at all his scars, keeping an eye on each one for at least three seconds.

Then I got an idea.

"Harry, can... can I count your scars?" I asked him sheepsihly, looking away from his arms and up at him. He parted his lips, trying to get words out but failing.

"W-why?" he finally stuttered out.

"I, well, I want to see how many times you needed someone, and nobody was there," I told him. He looked at me with sad eyes, before taking his shirt off.

__

"Fifty seven," I breathed as Harry threw his shirt in to the washing basket in the corner of my room, leaving him comfortably shirtless. He sighed, looking down. I knew he felt bad about it, but I just wish he didn't. I didn't want him to feel bad for the mistakes he had made.

I moved closer to him and wrapped my arms around him, hugging him tightly. "It's alright," I whispered, putting my lips right up against his ear.

"Thank you," Harry whispered back. "Let's go downstairs, get something to eat."

We both got up and headed out of my bedroom, down the stairs groggily.

We walked into the empty living room. It was quiet, all too quiet.

Suddenly, two hands grabbed my hips and I was lifted up and put on someones shoulders, causing a squeal to escape me. It was Louis.

I laughed as I sat up there, holding my hands in his hair to keep steady. Louis draped his arm around Harry's shoulder, gripping my thigh with the other one to help steady me also. "Morning Mica, morning Harry."

"Good morning Lou, you're in a good mood today," Harry said and smiled. Louis smiled back at him and nodded. He moved his hand from my thigh to my ankle, holding me tighter. I kept my fingers laces in his feathery hair, laughing as he moved in to the touch of my hands.

"Smile, guys!" Liam said when I realized he was stood in front of us, holding his phone up to us. And, of course, we all made funny faces instead of smiling. Liam smiled as he looked down at the photo.