Chapter 4 - Jimin

Jimin POV

I knew I'd be called into the principal's office sooner or later, but I didn't expect it to be on the first day of school. I heard Dr. Chaelin (CL) was hired because of her hard-ass personality at some high school in Texas, USA. Someone must have snitched and said I was the leader of the Asian Codee's cause my ass is sitting here instead of another member.

So here I am, pulled out of gym so CL can flip her hair and ramble on about tougher school rules. I detect her feeling me out, wondering how I'll react, as she threatens me ".... and this year I've hired two full-time ARMED security guards Jimin."

Her eyes focus on me, trying to intimidate me. Ha yeah right. I can tell right off the back that CL is Asian. She kinda reminds me of Yoongi looks-wise. But she knows nothing about how our streets work. Next thing she'll say is how she grew up poor, just like me. She probably never even drove down my side of town. Maybe I should offer to give her a tour.

She stands in front of me.  "I promised the superintendent as well as the school board I'd personally be responsible for rooting out the violence that has plagued this school for years. I won't hesitate to suspend anyone who ignores school rules."

I haven't done anything besides have a little fun with the pom-pom diva and already this lady is talking suspension. Maybe she heard about my suspension last year. That little incident got me kicked out for three days. It wasn't my fault. . . entirely. Namjoon had this crazy theory about cold water affecting white guys' dicks differently than Asians'. I was arguing with him in the boiler room after he'd shut down the hot water heaters when we were caught.

I had nothing to do with it but got blamed all the same. Namjoon attempted to tell the truth, but our old principal wouldn't listen. Maybe if I fought more he would have listened. But what's the use in fighting for a lost cause?

It's clear Kim Taehyung is responsible for me being in here today. You think his jerk of a boyfriend'll ever get called into CL's office? No way. The dude is an idolized football player. He can ditch class and start fights and CL will probably still kiss his ass. Park Chanyeol is always pushing me, knowing he can get away with it. Every time I've been about to retaliate, he's found a way to escape or rush to where teachers were in abundance . . . teachers who were just waiting for me to fuck up.

One of these days. . . .

I look up at CL. "I'm not startin' any fights." I might finish one, though.

"That's good," CL says. "But I heard about you harassing a male student by the lockers today."

Almost getting run over by Kim Taehyung's shiny new Camero is my fault? For the past three years I've managed to avoid the rich snob boy. I heard last year he got a C on his report card but a little call to the school from his parents got it changed to an A.

It would hurt his chances of getting into a good college.

Screw that shit. If I got a C, Eomma would smack me upside the head and nag me to study twice as hard. I've worked my ass off to get good grades. It's not about getting into college. It's about proving I could get in ... if my world was different.

The south siders might be seen as dumber than the north siders, but that's bullshit. So we're not as rich or obsessed with material possessions or getting into the most expensive and prestigious universities. We're in survival mode most of the time, always having to watch our backs.

Probably the hardest part of Kim Taehyung's life is deciding which restaurant to dine at each night. The boy uses his smokin' body to manipulate everyone who comes in contact with him.... what did I just say?! Did I SAY HIS BODY WAS HOT?!

Care to share with me what happened in the parking lot? I'd like to hear your side," CL says.

Not happening. I learned long ago that my side doesn't matter. "The thing this mornin' . . . total misunderstandin'," I tell him. Kim Taehyung's misunderstanding that two vehicles can't fit in one spot.

CL stands and leans over her polished, spotless desk. "Let's try not making misunderstandings a habit, okay, LaJimin?"

"Jimin."

"Huh?"

"I go by Jimin," I say. What she knows about me is in my school file, a file so biased it's probably ten inches thick like my ..... nvm that.

CL gives me a nod. "All right, Jimin. Get ready for sixth period. But I have eyes at this school, and I'm watching your every move. I don't want to see you back in my office." Just as I get up, she puts a hand on my shoulder. "Just so you know, my goal is for every student in this school to succeed. Every student, Jimin. Including you, so whatever biases you have about me you can throw them out the window. "arasseo? (understand?)"

"Ne,(yes)" I say, wondering how much I can believe her. In the hallway, a sea of students are rushing to their next class. I have no clue where I'm supposed to be and I'm still in my gym clothes.

In the locker room after I change, a song plays on the loudspeaker indicating it's now sixth period. I pull the schedule out of my back pocket. "Attraction" with Mrs. Epperson. Must be a new class. Great, another hard-ass to deal with.