MREDW ~ Chapter 18

Justin P.O.V

I walked into the house half past five and mom was by the door waiting for me with a horrid face. She seemed to be biting her nails as she waited for me to be back.

Since when is my time of return so essential to her?

"Where have you been, Justin?" She asked as soon as I closed the door behind me. I sighed tiredly and shook my head as I threw the backpack on the floor and sighed.

"I had to stay in school for some extra work I had to do for the week I missed school. The teacher said that Derek doing it wasn't going to do it for me" I said while looking at her blankly.

"Do you know what's about to happen in just two hours and a half? Do you have any conscience as to what's going to happen?!" She yelled at me. My eyes furrowed as I looked at her.

"Yes. I'm going to be in bed, sleeping" I stated and that seemed to get on mom's nerve as she snapped at me.

"I'm really tired of your bullshit Justin. You want to act like a kid? Fine with me because I'm an expert at treating grown ass people as children" She said glaring at me.

"Mom----"

"Mom nothing, Justin! You're acting fucking childish" Since when have my mother cursed like a sailor in front of her children "What did Jason ever did to you?" My eyes widened. So that is what all this is about? "Oh, yeah, that's right! Trust you and show you who he truly was" She kept yelling just as Derek came out of the kitchen while biting an apple. He winked at me and leaned against the wall as he witnessed this scene.

"Why instead of taking Jason's side, you take my side?" I asked.

"Because your acting irrelevant" She responded.

"Well, you're taking sides, just like dad did and guess what? Dad didn't choose me either" That's what I said at last.

I didn't give her a chance to answer as I bolted up the stairs. Going into my room, I closed door and locked it before walking over to my bed. I threw myself in it and grabbed a pillow, smashing my face in it.

I just wish it was a wall instead.

Why was I suicidal today?

"Justin" I heard mom call from outside of my room as she knocked "You known I don't mean to be bias " She said "And with your father, you were my first choice, weren't you?" The pillow dropped to the floor as I sat up and glared at the door.

"Only because he was beating me to a pulp or else, you would have chosen Derek too!" I screamed.

"Now, you're just talking nonsense, Justin Drew. I would never choose between my two kids. I love you both equally and that will never change" She said "I let your father take Derek because I didn't want him to fight custody of him and in a horrible twist of fate have him taken away from me forever" I shook my head and tried not to let it get to me.

"Go away" I said at last.

"Do you know what's going to happen if you don't get out of there and go find Jason?" She asked making me glare at the door, hoping she would feel it and leave me alone.

"I don't know and I don't want to find out either!"

"Jason is going to release you" She went on "Do you know what that means? You're going to die alone and in pain. In fact, you will feel so much pain that you will barely feel any other thing aside from that" I shook my head and pressed the pillow on my face.

"Justin" I heard Derek's voice now "Don't you understand what is being said here? Are you deaf? What mom is trying to say is that you're going to die, not because you're old, not because of a disease, not because of a heart surgery and not because you got shot or beat down to death" He listed off "But because you refuse to love and be loved"