MREDW ~ Chapter 42

Jason P.O.V

"Justin is not being turned" I said firmly. The last thing I want for Justin is for him to feel the pain I felt when I first turned.

"Then Justin is going to die in a crossfire, Jason" Dad said.

"So you would just leave Justin and his family unprotected?"

"Family? We all know Derek is not going to object to becoming one of us. Pattie is reasonable enough to think about it, but Justin? Let's not forget he almost killed you because he was merely confused"

"And because he is stubborn it's that I'm telling you, he is not going to want that drastic change, dad. He is not---" I trailed off.

"You haven't even laid the idea down on the table just yet. How can you decide for him? Even if it's about his safety?"

"Because I know Justin and because I want the best for him. I don't want to witness him going through his first change. I don't want to witness his first hunger as soon as he transforms" I spat bitterly. I should have a say in my mate's future.

"You need to understand. This is not something that you can decide on your own. There is Justin and his desire to protect himself, his own family, pack and his mate"

"So what happens after I bite him? His whole life is off of his hands?"

"Is your whole life off of your hands because of who you are?"

"This is not about me though! I've had years of practice" He sighed "This is about the constant pain he will be feeling as he turns the first couple of months of his transformation. Let's not forget it can take years for him to adjust. The full moon is going to drive him crazy. What if he ups and leaves one night and starts killing? What if one of those mutts take him and turn him into one of them? Or worst, kill him?"

"They are going to be turned merely for their own protection" He argued.

"We are supposed to be their protection"

"You think that in between a war you stop every single second of every hit to think about someone else?" He questioned.

"I believe that's what soldiers do. I believe that's what packs do"

"And that's exactly why we need to turn them. They need to be able to protect themselves when we are not around. They will always be in danger, Jason because people have been and still are after our pack. How can you be blind to that fact?"

"He is not going to be able to handle it" I mumbled as I sat down once again and stared blankly at the desk in front of me.

"We are all going to be there for them. We are going to help them all train and know how to control their desires. Teach them how to fight for their honor and own safety. We will help them through their first three crucial full moons. We will be there for them" Dad reassured.

"Dad, you've witness my siblings and I's first change and apparently mom's as well. You know how painful it is"

"I also know how strong these people are. They will get through it" He tried to argue once again.

"I will tell Justin about this. Whatever my mate wants it's whatever my mate is going to get. If he wants to be bitten, I will bite him. If he doesn't, we will respect his wishes" I said firmly.

"Make sure to explain to him why we are doing this. Also make sure to tell him we are all going to go along with him and his family through this transformation" Nodding, I got up and grabbed my bag before walking out of the office and to the parking lot.

Sitting in one of the benches, I leaned back and looked up at the sky contemplating whatever the fuck went on in there. My dad sure as hell must be out of his damn mind. He witnessed Jan, Ruby and I's first change. How could he possibly want Justin to go through that? And not only him but his family.

It's not any type of pain, trust me. All your ribs broken at once is better than the pain you have to go through as you change into your wolf. It took me three years to be able to change into my wolf without screaming out in pain to the heavens. Three years.

I can't possibly imagine witnessing my mate going through that pain for years. I can't possibly witness my mate witnessing his family suffer. It's just a plan that doesn't seem to work on my mind.

Aside from just finding out that humans can be turned if bitten, I find out that I have to bite my mate in order for him to survive a war he wasn't even supposed to be a part of.

How fucked up can this be?

Even though for the most part this is all a bad idea, I can't help but think of the only good thing that can come out of this.

The pack wouldn't see their future alpha as only a weak human leader. He will be one of us and whether they like it or not, they will have to adjust to their once human alpha being one of them and that can only bring something good to the table.

Derek. I know for sure the guy will jump to the idea of becoming one of us without hesitation. He is that crazy, but that can also mean he can be as reckless and he's proven that. He can go out on a run by himself and get caught up. Then again, Jan could do a good job at training him.

Pattie. The woman is the sweetest lady I've met so far. The pain and energy that takes for one to turn the first time and even after that is honestly excruciating. It could drive someone insane and to the point of wanting to be dead instead. I don't think she can or will be able to actually hold her own when changing into her werewolf form for the first time. Her first moon could be her last if she is not strong enough. Then again, Ruby could be one hell of a trainer and motivator.

My Justin. He is stubborn and we all know that, but he is also a sweet guy that gets watery eyes when he stabs his toe on some furniture or if he smashes against something meaning that turning into a werewolf could drive him suicidal. Although his stubbornness could help him pull through, his sensibility could make him want to give up way too soon. His first moon could also be his last. Then again, he has me and I know I will make sure I'm with him every step of the way if he does decide to get bitten.

There's a lot at stake here, but one thing is for sure in this green earth. If turning my mate means I get to save him from a war he wasn't supposed to be a part of, I sure as hell will take all my chances with him if he allows me to.

Taking my phone out of my front pocket, I went into iMessage and opened my baby's chat.

To: My Tinjus❤️🔐👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨💍
Meet me in the parking lot after class. We have to talk, baby boy😔

Sent

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Another one!!!!!!! This is intense even for me and I'm writing it👀

GUYS OMG, I MIGHT DATE MY BEST FRIEND!!!!!! He lives far and all but he told me he loves me more than a bff today and I've been feeling like I want to throw up all day😱

~ Eli