MREDW ~ Chapter 9

Justin P.O.V

I stated at Jason for the longest time. I stared at him with wide eyes and open mouth only to burst out laughing. Yes, laughing as if my life depended on it. I laughed until my sides hurt and tears flew out of my eyes with hysteria.

Jason? A werewolf?

That thought alone had me laughing my poor life off. Jason? A werewolf? I couldn't help it and fell down to the dirty floor, laughing.

"S-S-Stop!" I said through my laugh.

"You don't believe me?" He asked and be sounded offended. I mean, I tutor him. Did he take me for an idiot or something? Because I assure you I am not one.

"That w-was hila-hilarious" I said taking deep breathes.

"But I am a werewolf" I looked up at him and the serious look on his face made me have a whole new fit of laugher.

Through my laughing, I heard sickening sounds of bones cracking, but it was probably my imagination. My laugh started reducing to only soft chuckles. Man, I haven't had a laugh like this in a life time.

I looked up towards Jason was the last time I looked at him, but he wasn't there. Instead, there was a big... Not even big, a huge dog... With red eyes... Jason's red eyes.

My eyes widened and I bet it was comically. My breath quickened and I stared back at the dog... Not a dog...

I stared back at Jason.

The Jason I use to tutor. The Jason that has a nickname for me and the same Jason that acts tough but its simply a big giant teddy bear. That Jason? He was in front of me... In dog form.

It took me a minute or two to realize that dog, with red eyes was approaching me. I screamed at the top of my lungs and stood up from the ground. Backing g away from the giant dog. It was bigger than me.

I looked around and saw clothes teared apart where the dog and Jason were standing. Oh my lord... Jason, is indeed a werewolf. Just at that realization. I screamed again.

My back came in contact with a tree and that made me scream again when I saw that I was trapped and that thing was approaching me again. I think I'm going to be his dinner tonight. Is that why took me here? To eat me for dinner?

"Are you flesh thirsty, Kitty kitty?" I asked scared. This thing was anything but a kitty "Because I swear I'm only bones. Like... My mom always says that I need some meat in me so you chose the wrong person to it" I rambled.

I don't want to get eaten. Much less by Jason for god's sake.

The dog kept approaching as I kept backing up on the tree. It was as if I wanted to go through it and take off running.

"Get away from me!" I yelled. I don't want to get attacked. Not while I'm defenseless.

I want my mommy.

I looked at the dog's red eyes and my breath hitched. They looked so pained as it backed off of me and they looked exactly how Jason's looked when he took his shades off.

I closed my eyes tightly and counted to ten. I wanted to calm down, I needed to calm down. I believe I was just having a nightmare. Jason doesn't have an eye infection. Neither does he have red natural eyes and he sure as heaven wasn't a werewolf. This was all a dream.

But... If it was a dream, why did his eyes change in my house? Right in front of me?

"Justin..." My breath hitched all over again when I heard that whisper throughout the calmness and quietness.

"D-Don't get close to me" I whimpered with my eyes still closed tightly.

"But... I-I need to talk to you" He said after clearing his throat. I shook my head wildly and got away from the tree, backing away even more "You're my mate, Justin" My eyes couldn't have snapped open quicker.

"I'm your what?" I screamed while shaking head.

"You're my ma--"

"No!" I screamed "I don't want to be your mate!" I was desperate to get out of here, out of his presence.

"But you said..." Jason trailed off.

Narrator P.O.V

Jason couldn't finish the sentence. He could feel his energy already vanishing. He didn't understand. If he took the chance, the risk, to tell Justin was because all the signs he gave led to him believing Justin wouldn't mind. He was wrong.

Justin was scared. He knew every single phrase coming out of his mouth was hurtful. He knew what he was saying was hurting Jason potentially but his fears spoke instead of him. He was just a scared little boy, whom, wasn't ready to face something this big. He was big enough to read about this stuff, but not to see it personally.

Jason stared at Justin pained. He could feel his heart shattering, his knees getting weak along with everything else. He didn't feel alive. He felt like part of him was dead. Perhaps, it was.

He was thinking about all the possible ways to get over Justin's rejection because even if he liked it or not, Justin rejected not only him, but his wolf and their love.

He felt like becoming a rogue right away. He felt like running off, finding a pack of rogues and becoming one of them, but he thought of his family. He preferred to be a wanderer than to be the one to hurt his family only because he was hurt himself.

As Justin stared at Jason, the urge to run away only increased. The sad look of Jason's face mixed with the emotions he was already having only troubled him. He didn't know what to do. His mind was confused and so was his heart.

He could feel sadness taking over him. That sadness was mixed with fear, but, how come the sadness was overtaking the fear? He didn't know what was happening to him.

"Do you want me to take you home?" Jason asked through a dry throat. He didn't even have the energy to Justin. He felt like he just wanted to fall over and curl into a ball and cry... He wanted to cry.

"Its not like I know where we are" Justin said looking at anything but Jason. Jason nodded and headed to the car. He wasn't going to talk Justin, he was going to respect his wishes.

Justin started the car as Justin took the back seat, he hugged his book bag to his chest as he stared out of the window.

What was going to happen?

Justin did not know the answer to this question but Jason did...

He will have to release Justin and become a wanderer.

************************************************************************

I DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING MYSELF!

~ Eli