Chalter seeaaa yex

Three days later, it was finally Monday, and I eagerly awaited the second I'd get to see Day. Only, that second never came. He was supposed to get out of the hospital the day before, or so I'd thought. Ten minutes after the bell rang, I was lost. I placed my head down on my desk, focusing on my breathing.  

Someone tapped my shoulder some time later, making me lift my head. Ugh, it was just the teacher. Fuck you, old woman! 

"Listen, I know you're Day's friend...his only friend...so I'm going to need you to follow me." The guidance counselor said. I stood up, confused, letting her lead me out of class. She led me to a teacher conference room that had a BUSY! sign on the door. She opened it and I saw a kid with a large black hoodie on, sitting in the room byhimself. He turned at the sound of the door.  

"Day!" I screamed, bolting over to him. He had his arms open the second he saw me and I jumped at him. He folded me into his arms with perfect timing, like we had choreographed this. I wrapped my legs around his waist and squeezed the life out of him. His arms were warm and tight, encompassing me. He walked us over to the couch, sitting down. 

"Oh my God, I haven't seen you in forever." I whined, clutching his gorgeous face. 

"Dammit Ari where the Hell have you been? It's been a week," Day signed.  

"My parents wouldn't let me visit. They were afraid that I'd hide in your hospital room or pretend to be sick to spend more time with you," I said aloud, making him smile. 

"Oh, good. I was worried," he signed, exhaling.  

"About what?" I asked him, leaning forwards in his lap, placing my arms on his shoulders. He placed his hands on my waist, making me shiver. 

"T-that maybe you-you had f-found a new b-b-best friend." Day admitted, his cheeks growing slightly red. I could see the 'bastard' cut still fresh on his cheek, but nothing could make me think he was anything less than godlike.  

"Never," I proclaimed. Day spun me around suddenly, wrapping his arms around me, holding me close to his chest. This position in his lap was HELLA comfortable. Literally the best place to be. His arms were loosely around my waist, his hands on my sides. The guidance counselor pulled a chair in front of the couch, tucking her skirt beneath her and taking a seat. 

"So, I wanted to have a joint therapy session with the two of you," she said. I leaned my head back against Day's chest.  

"What is your relationship, for starters?" She questioned. 

"Best friends." Day said aloud. Since I couldn't see his face, he lifted his hands and signed for me. 

"And you both experienced what happened to Day firsthand?" She inquired. I nodded and so did Day. I loved how I could feel his chest move with every breath he took, his heat emanating through my clothes, his heart beating against my back. I began absentmindedly tracing his leg through his jeans. 

"Okay. And how was that experience?" She asked. 

"Horrible, especially because it was all my fault." I lamented sourly.  

"ARI!" Day signed and yelled at the same time. He had to spell my nickname out quickly since there was no sign for it. 

"What? It was. Not only was he beating you up because I'm gay, but I left you there to be destroyed by those assholes. What part of that doesn't sound like my fault?" I asked, burying my face in Day's neck.  

"Every part! You're my best friend! If that means taking a few bullets for you, I'm all for it. Besides, I asked you to leave, and you are who you are, you shouldn't be hurt for that." Day signed.