Winning Her Back

Finally, I've updated. Thanks to all those who waited patiently.

**********************************************************************************************************

Ever since the conversation with Trey, I've been diligently cooking up ways to win Melanie back. The hardest part was that I couldn't think of anything.

I've never had to chase a woman or had problems with saying the right thing. When we first started dating, things were easy. I didn't have to do anything to charm her, but now, it's a different story. I actually had to read some articles to help me.

The first thing I learned was to give her space. She needed time to get herself together and so did I. It's been two weeks, so that's pretty much enough time in my opinion. Right?

Melanie's POV

Trey and I got back on a good path. Everything was fine and we're besties once again.

For the past two weeks, I haven't heard from nor seen Ashuan. I don't know why, but lately I've been thinking about him a lot. Every night, I dreamt of him wrapping his strong arms around me. Usually, whenever I have these feelings, I turn to Trey for comfort, but now I needed more than him.

I wonder how he's doing and what's going on with him. After what happened here last time, I felt as if he was ignoring me, not that I've tried calling him or anything, but still it hurt a little.

Lying down thinking about him, I couldn’t help but laugh out loud whenever I thought about his funny dances. I guess love does make you do stupid silly things. I remember growing up and my older cousins would talk about how their men treated them and I used to say that I would never fall into that trap. I always believed in love, but I was smart enough not to allow the emotions to control me. Unfortunately, my plans didn't work out exactly as I wanted.

Before I met Ashuan, I was in a relationship that almost got me killed. It was hard to get out of it because after Trey and I separated, I felt like a broken doll. In high school, we were the high school sweet hearts. Every one said that we would grow old together with many little Treys running around. Look how that turned out. I never realized that I was truly in love with him back then until now. I knew that I cared about him deeply, but not in love. I always told myself that I was getting there.

After senior year, he spent the summer with his dad in DC. Upon his return, things were never the same. He was here physically, but mentally he wasn't. Time after time I asked him what his problem was, but we always ended up in a big argument. So I dropped the case. Going to the same college didn't help much. He was always so distant and busy with basketball and I just didn't understand him anymore.  One day he just came up to me and told me that he had to transfer. I was hurt, but I denied the fact that it was because I was in love with him. I watched him walk freshmen year out of my dorm.

He left me broken, hurt. All year long I waited for his calls or letters. Nothing. I was a walking dead until I met Justin Magee. He was a charming guy with caramel skin, 6'3, and strong. He helped me get over Trey. As I recovered slowly, I got to see the real side of him. Possessive. Demanding. And worst of all, alcoholic. Thank goodness I never moved in with him, Lord knows what he would've done to me. The one thing that I liked about him was that he never forced himself on me. He respected that I wanted to stay a virgin till marriage. We all know how that turned out.

When I saw Ashuan with his friends during senior year in college, my stomach was doing back flips. If it weren't for Sara and Patten being there, I would've totally lost it. I didn't show him how interested I was. Like his typical self, he crept into my heart. Just like that. He didn't even have to try hard. I guess that's why I fell in love with him. He helped me to get out of the relationship that would've been the death of me. It wasn't easy, but I left Justin and Ashuan opened his arms wide open for me and I let him.