Surprise

Hey guys, my apologies for not posting in the past two weeks. I've been having some technical difficulties, but anyways, here is another wonderful chapter. Enjoy. As always, comment, vote, and share.  Differnet World will be updated this Saturday, so be on the look out.

***********************************************************************************************************

Ashuan’s POV

I couldn’t get to the door before Kayla did. I heard her yelling at someone to wait, but the car was pulling out the drive way before she could even get there. "Who was that?" I asked when she came in.  Her face looked like she wanted to say something, but instead she shrugged her shoulders and went back to her room. "Put some clothes on," I yelled at her. I wondered who it could've been. Maybe it could have been Melanie. I miss her so much. When I arrive home few weeks ago, I met all her things packed away. For good this time. The pain I felt inside was too intense, how much I hated myself. I'm the cause of the loss of our son. I did it to her. I caused her all the  heartbreak.

"If you're still beating yourself up, stop it, it doesn't fit you," Kayla said coming downstairs to the kitchen. I threw her a glare.

 "Just saying," she murmured. She came out with a bowl of popcorn, some hot wings, and other snacks, "Yummy," and placed them on the table, she toke her shoes off, and jumped on the couch with a big grin on her face. "My flight leaves in the morning, so cheer up," she said. Just for her I relaxed a little and watched 'The Breakfast Club.' At the end, she was busy crying.

"How many times have you watched this?"

"That's not the point," she said throwing a pillow at me. I rolled my eyes. "Wait," she said getting up, "I'm going to need you to go clean up and get ready to go." I raised my eye browses at her.

 "For what exactly?"

 "It's a surprise," she said running up the stairs. Half an hour later, we were driving downtown Decatur. After some more turns, we finally parked in front of a condo. I looked at her, "Just go knock," she said. I unbuckled my seat belt and approached the door. On the third knock, she opened the door. My eyes almost fell out their sockets. I turned around to look at Kayla and she was out of the car. She gave me two thumbs up and got in a car that drove up, throwing me my keys. I quickly caught it and looked at the woman in front of me. Her face held no expression. I put my hands in my pockets and cleared my throat, "Hey," I greeted.

"What do you want?" She asked flatly. What did I want? You, I wanted to answer.

"May I come in?" I asked instead.

"I asked, what do you want?"

"Can we talk inside or somewhere else please?" She looked behind her and came outside, gently

closing the door.

"You have five minutes."

I looked at her, contemplating on where to start. I wanted to ask how she was, how she was cooping, and all sorts. "How are you?" I finally asked.

"Good," she answered flatly. Before I could say another word, I heard a baby crying from inside.

"Excuse me," she said walking back inside. I took the chance and followed her in a minute or two. She was holding a baby in her arms while walking back and forth. I couldn't help but think of the possibility that what I was told in the hospital was false. I walked closer to them.

"Who is this little one?" I asked.

"This is Alexander,” she answered smiling. Her whole presence altered.