A New Page

Hey guys, thanks for your patience. So school is out which   means that I get the chance to update more often. Hopefully I can conclude this story by the end of this summer.

*****************************************************************************

Melanie’s POV

A month later

"Say na na na, na na.." I sang along with the music so loud. I didn't hear anyone come in. I was busy dancing and singing out of tune on a Saturday morning while making breakfast, feeling joyous for the first time in a while. Suddenly I felt warm, strong, yet soft arms wrapped around my waist. It couldn't belong to none other than Trey. I turned around to see his handsome face. "I see someone is happy today," He said. "I have every reason to,” I replied as I winked at up, then added, “Hungry?"Suddenly, his stomach growled, "Right on time." We both laughed holding a plate and walked to the living room. Trey came back to town two weeks ago, and I’m glad he’s here to stay now. This way, I get to see him anytime I want.

    Sitting with my legs criss cross in the chair, I couldn't help but to grin cheesily. I've been pretty happy this past month.  I don't exactly know why, but I feel like a heavy burden has been lifted off my chest. "So what's making you so happy today?" "Honestly, I don't know, but I like it." "Ok miss weirdo, let's go somewhere then.  Where you wanna go?" "Anywhere. Take me anywhere," I replied as I spread my arms out.

"Ok, how about France?" I was a little taken back. "Wait a minute, you mean the boutique or country?” "The country," he chuckled at the sight of me mouth dropped. No way, that has always been my dream. I was smiling from ear to ear. "I'll take that as yes." "Yes, yes, yes! A thousand yes!” I couldn't believe this was happening. "Ok finish your food and we can book our flight." I ate as fast as I could, "Done," I said with some sausage in my mouth.

He came around, picked me up, and placed me on his lap as we searched for flights on delta. "You got your passport right?” "Ugh yea, I think so." I got up to search for it. After opening all my document drawers, I couldn't find it. "Trey, I can't find it." We searched around some more and I realized exactly where I had left it. 'At Ashuan's house.' The last place I wanted to go. Trey could tell that I was troubled, "What's wrong baby?" "Ugh nothing, I know where it is." I walked out the room, grabbed my keys, and drove to my Mom's house.

As I was pulling through the drive way, the front door opened and one of the most beautiful women in the world was standing in the door way. I loved my Mom dearly and I respected that she didn't interfere into my personal life unless necessary although she wanted to most of the times. She allows me to make my own mistakes and learn from them.

"Hi Mommy," I said as I gave her a huge hug. "Hey baby." We walked into the house together, where my teenage brother and his friends were playing on the wii. I got in front of him to get his undivided attention and rubbed his hair then placed a kiss on his cheeks. "Hey sis." I'm glad he doesn't try to doge my hugs and kisses anymore. Now I can hold my baby once again. "Hey boys," I greeted everyone. With their eyes glued to the screen, they said, "Hey Mel," in unison. I just laughed and walked into my old bedroom.

I come home as often as I could, so I had almost everything there. Across the room, I could hear my Dad's voice on the phone. He sounded upset, so I walked into his office to console him. "Hey Daddy." At the sight of me a wide smile broke over his handsome face as he hung up the phone. "How's my favorite daughter doing?” "I'm your only daughter Dad," I said rolling my eyes. "Exactly." I sat next to him. 

  “Dad, can you give me your opinion about something?” “What’s it?” “So I left my passport at Ashuan’s place and Trey and I are going to France soon, but I don’t know what to do.” “Just go get it.” “Just like that?” “Just like that.” ‘Wow, what an advice.’ I placed a kiss on his cheeks and walked out the house.

     Driving towards Ashuan’s house, I didn’t know what to expect. Will he be there? What will I say to him? All sorts of questions were going through my head at the moment. It didn’t take that long to drive to the apartment. I parked and walked hurriedly upstairs as fast as I could before chickening out. Finally I was at the door, nervous as can be. I rubbed my hands together, blew a breath, and then knocked. As I was getting ready to knock the second time with my hand in the air, he opened the door.

We just stood there staring at each other again like the last time. I bit my bottom lip and cleared my throat just to bring us back to the presence. He opened the door wider, stepped aside and allowed me to walk in. ‘Lord, he’s shirtless.’ I felt like I was being punished. I opened my mouth once, twice, to speak. No words came out. My third try, the words finally came out.“Hi.”

“Hi,” he said. “Uhm, sorry for bothering you again, I..I..uhm I left my passport here and…” I kept babbling, and then out of nowhere, he kissed me. Not one of those short kisses, but those long passionate ones that make your toes curl. As I was about to push him back, the door opened. We both turned toward it, and then Sara ran away. I didn’t care what she was thinking, she betrayed our friendship. I thought of nothing, so I slapped him and walked away. ‘Dang I forgot my passport, I guess no France for me.’

 Sara’s POV

Just as I thought everything was going well, she shows up again. At the sight of them kissing, my heart broke into tiny million pieces. I got into my car and drove away. I didn’t think about the speed limit. I wanted to be far away. I kept driving faster and faster. Just then, boom….everything went dark.

      I woke up to see his face. I wanted to shout at him, but my body ached. How could he do that to me? I closed my eyes, but all I could see was the two of them. I opened my eyes again slowly and looked at. He reached out to grab my left hand, “How you feeling?’ I looked at him clueless, snatched my hand out of his, and turned my head around. I didn’t want to talk to him. “I’m sorry,” he said. For what? For putting me in this condition or for breaking my heart? “Just go,” I managed to say between sobs. “Baby I can explain.”

“Explain what Ashuan? Explain that it wasn’t what it looked like.” Ouch. I felt this sharp pain in my womb. I started praying, hoping it wouldn’t be what I was thinking. I pulled up my blanket and saw a huge amount of blood. “What’s happening?” “Nurse, nurse,” he called out. God please save my baby, I prayed silently.  

     The nurses came in and I could see how terrified they looked. They tried everything they could. When the doctor came in, I could tell then that there was no hope. “I’m sorry Mr. Williams, but we lost the baby.” “Noooo…,” I screamed out. I cried out all my tears. I started hitting myself, but the nurses held me down. I could not relax. I hated myself for putting my baby through all the stress. Why did I get in the damn car? I calmed down because that was all I could do.

   The doctors wanted to keep an eye on me because they thought I was unstable, thus I stayed in the hospital a little while longer. All the time I spent there, I refused to talk to him. What was I suppose to say?

    It was a long drive home in silence. Once we arrived, I went straight into the bedroom and started packing my stuff.  He followed me and just watched as I gathered my things. “What are you doing?” “What does it look like I’m doing?” I snapped. “I’m sorry,” he said. I couldn’t keep the tears back. One drop came after the other. “You’re sorry, are you really? Isn’t this what you’ve always wanted?” 

He bowed his head down and said, “That’s not true,” silently. “You never loved me did you?” “ I..I..”  That was his answer. He couldn’t even complete what he was saying. I fell on the floor and cried. Integrity be damned.  Not because he didn’t love me, but because of what I did to my best friend due to my selfish motives. I was envious. Everyone always loved her without even trying. I was the type that would flirt with everyone and all they wanted was to get between my legs. Would she ever forgive me? I took a deep breath, got up, took my bags, and walked out without saying a single word to Ashuan.

     I wanted to be far away from him. Before I could leave, there was one thing I needed to do. I drove by Mel’s house, rang the bell, and dropped a letter I had written earlier while in the hospital. As much as I wanted to see her, I couldn’t bear the shame. Not in this condition. I rang the bell again and left. I was leaving town. For good perhaps.