Chapter 1

What brought him to do this? Disobey his leader; risk his own life, putting himself in an indescribable danger. Although he knew why he was there; in a frozen hell, starving, almost passed out, he never asked himself this question. If it wasn't of his training on hard environments, it's almost sure that he would've ended buried in snow the first night, with no one that could help him, but the thought of go back never passed for his head.

His bravery grew stronger, just as the storm in front of him, with every step forward, looking for any clue, any track, anything that could tell him where to go. All he could do was continue; he couldn't give up.

What kind of force impulses him to do what he's doing? What kind of thoughts are on his mind? What brought him to do this?

Love.

All he could feel was love; every step forward meant for him that he was getting closer; he couldn't give up, he's not going to give up, because anything in the world is going to change the face that...

- "I love you, Everest."

*****

The previous day...

Clueless of what was going to happen that day, Marshall, the fire pup and EMT of the PAW Patrol decided to go for a walk around the lookout. Almost all the pups were playing on the backyard, except for him for some reason. His answer when they asked him if he wanted to play was just an "I'm not in the mood, guys." And walk away.

Marshall sat beneath a tree on one side of the yard, watching his friends play happily, nothing out of normal. Chase and Rocky playing tug of war, Rubble on his skateboard practicing a double flip, Skye on her springboard and Zuma taking a nap on his pup house; completely normal, except for him.

Something wasn't right; this morning when he woke up, he felt something strange on his chest, like a bad feeling, one of those that tells you that something terrible is going to happen; this feeling didn't let him play with his friends, he barely ate his breakfast, he just wanted to rest and think.

Think about a specific someone, actually.

He had an idea; if he wanted to be happy, he just had to think in his favorite pup in the world; in her lavender fur, in her shiny blue eyes and her smile, her wonderful smile, warming up any cold day, making him feel like in heaven.

But that bad felling was still there, making its way through his thoughts, converting the most beautiful of the feelings in a true nightmare.

When he tried to think on her eyes, those were filled with tears; when he tried to think about her smile, this slowly turned to a fear expression, her face showing nothing but fear.

- "What is going on...? Why do I feel like this?" he thought placing a paw on his chest, now getting worried about it.

That's when they heard Ryder calling them.

- "Pups, to the Lookout, quickly!"

Something wasn't right; his voice sounded serious, with a bit of fear, he'd never called them like this, this was a real emergency. Marshall felt it.

- "Something's wrong..."