Chapter 9

*Flashback

I don't know why I'm saying this now, when I should have said these words such long time ago. Heck, you're not even hearing me, I'm saying all this in my mind, but at least I can let it all out in this way.

The first time I saw you was ... probably the best moment of my life, when we went to rescue Jake all the way to the South Pole. I never thought we would find this amazing pup with him. A lovely Husky pup with big blue eyes like the sky, and the most beautiful smile I have ever seen before.

Then, when we saw you and Jake in the ice bridge and the harness broke, the way you saved him was just amazing. I knew right away that Ryder would want you to join the team, but I was afraid that you would choose to stay in your igloo. That didn't happen, and you came with us back to Adventure Bay. I didn't know in that moment why I felt so relieved when you said yes to Jake, but also kind of sad, since that was the only home you ever knew, but seen that you were happy with us...

Missions after missions we grew closer to you, and my admiration towards that pup that saved Jake back in the South Pole transformed into something I couldn't describe in the moment.

"What is this feeling? Why do I feel like this?" I asked myself these questions so many times. I guess we can say that that's when I started to have a crush on you. But the thought of me actually confessing my feelings never passed through my head.

Because, just think about it. Why the most amazing and beautiful pup on earth would even notice a silly pup like me? I got so depressed... it was hard to fake a smile every day around the other pups when inside I was devastated. But the warm feeling in my chest anytime I thought about you countered this, and with some time, I got used to it.

Missions, days, months passed and my feelings only grew stronger. With more moments together my crush started to evolve into something else, and I only realized it that day...

It was sunny, we all finished breakfast and I heard that you were coming to discuss what should the PAW Patrol do for the upcoming Talent Show. I wondered in my mind if, like last year's, they would make me sing, which was ok now, since I grew more confident in front of a crowd, but I never expected that they would make you... sing with me.

My eyes opened wide when I first heard that we would be performing together with the others playing the instruments. After the meeting and with everyone gone already, I sat with my mind in blank. Well, with only one question:

"What am I going to do?!"

"Nervous, Marshall?"

And there was Chase, teasing me about it.

"Not funny, Chase." I sighed.

"Believe me, I had nothing to do with this. It was Skye that said that Everest has a wonderful voice, and then Zuma suggested you to make it a duet."

Days after the show I heard that this was a plan made by this little liar. Sometimes I wonder why he is my best friend.

"So, what are you going to do?" he asked next.

"I don't know. Maybe I should just see how things go when we practice."

"Sound good."

"Yeah, I mean, they didn't say what kind of song we had going to sing. It's not like we necessarily have to sing a romantic song or something, right?" I chuckled.

And he looked away, humming a tune for himself.

"Right?!"

"Well... you see... Skye thinks that you two have to sing a romantic song. Actually, in this moment she should be giving Everest her list of romantic songs for the talent show."