Chapter 10

"Y-you promise?"

A sound that Marshall thought he would never listen again, Everest's voice.

His heart skipped a beat one the sound of her sweet voice echoed in his ears. His eyes opened widely in the same second he removed his head from her fur. The Husky pup tried to lift her body from the cold stone, sitting in front of him.

A big smile was drawn in his face, the first sign of happiness in three days. She was alive.

"Tell me!" She snapped, and Marshall blinked. "You promise?!" Everest demanded, with tears in her eyes, looking face to face with Marshall.

"You promise all what you said? Staying with me? Be always there?"

She heard me...

After a couple of seconds of silence, she continued. "L-Loving me...?" she was almost whispering, with the fur on her face totally wet on tears.

Marshall just stayed there, not even a single word came out of his mouth for almost 30 seconds, but all the time, he had a smile on his face, crying as well.

"I promise. Of course I promise." he sniffled. "I will, because... I love you." He said.

And the world went silence.

*Flashback

Soon or late I think I would have realized it, the fact that I feel something different for you, different from the other pups. I can't say I felt it at first though, but knowing you better... it changed it all.

The first months with the PAW Patrol were the best time I had in years. Yeah, I didn't get picked a lot, maybe because of the season, but with every mission I felt I was growing closer to all the pups, especially with Skye, since we are the only girls on the team. We spent a lot of time together, so she had the confidence to tell me some things, like why she loves to fly, why eagles frighten her so much, her past before the team, but it was kind of surprising that she trusted in me to the point of telling me about her crush on Chase.

I still can recall the day when those two finally got together, when she got lost that day up in the mountain. But not only for that... that was the day it all started for me.

After I drove Skye back to safety we saw Chase in the entrance almost in tears when he saw us arriving. We all went inside the cabin and after you checked on her and Ace returned home after showing us her stunts, they had a talk in private. That's when he told her about his feelings... she didn't want to tell me more. She said it was "way too embarrassing", but anyway.

There was nothing else for me to help with, so all I could do was look at you taking care of Skye... and I kinda felt jealous all of a sudden, even if you were just taking care of a teammate. Then I realized that it was for one of your best skills, you are the most caring pup ever. Even before that day, you showed so professional when you had to do your job. I liked it.

That same day, Chase and Skye told us about their new relationship, I was so happy for them, but that made me think in other thing: how does it feel fall in love? I don't know, it was the moment I guess. Seen how those two cared so much about each other made think about it, since I've actually never been in a relationship with anyone.

Then I thought about earlier that night, and I turned my head and saw you smiling at them. Your blue eyes, your white fur being illuminated by the firelight... I was stunned. I only reacted when Skye called me out of the room.

We went outisde, leaving you and Chase alone so you could talk. Skye approached to me and gave me a curious look.

"So you two are together now, it's great!" I broke the silence.