2 | You Just Messed With The Wrong Criminal

"OKAY SHOOT." His eyes widened at my words.

"You want me to shoot you?"

"What? No! It means talk, go ahead, let me have it, tell me everything." His expression relaxed.

"Anyways, what I was going to say was that I'm gonna explain the situation to you. Tell you why you're here. Mitch was going to but he told me to for certain reasons that you don't need to know." I giggled to myself.

"You like me, that's the certain reason."

He furrowed his eyebrows, as if to be confused.

"Mitchell said it earlier." I took a drink of my orange juice.

"I also know why I'm here." His head snapped to my direction.

"You know?" I nodded. "How?"

He was acting as if I was stupid.

"I put two and two together."

He started to look angry.

Had I said something wrong?

"You want my father. But in order to get to him, you got to me. I know you. He's mentioned you before. I know what you do."

He got off the bed and slammed his fists into his bedside table. Of course, it split.

"You don't know anything!" He screamed.

"But Kale, I do know. I know exactly why I'm here. And I have a damn good idea about what you're planning on doing to me. I may not be able to stop it. But I can at least prepare for it."

Kale was infuriated. And I wasn't quite sure why. Maybe it was because I knew what was going on, and it was something I wasn't supposed to find out on my own. It meant he was losing control. Curiosity killed the cat, and right now I awaited the gun with fresh bullets just for me.

"You're in for it now. You should have kept that damn mouth of yours shut. You should have listened. If you know what's good for you, I'd pay close attention. I could do so much to you, and you'd have to take it. I'm done being mister nice guy. You just messed with the wrong criminal babe." He got in my face.

It was a bit intimidating but I'd learned never to show fear. People like Kale survived off of weakness. And I wasn't going to let him get the best of me. I had to focus on staying alive and out of the way. Otherwise, I'd be six feet under.

"Try me."

Before I had the chance to say another word, Kale was dragging me out of his room, the orange juice covering the floor.

"You're gonna clean that up!" He threw me to the floor, kicking my stomach a few times.

"Kale! Stop! Stop kicking her!" An unfamiliar voice yelled.

My head was spinning and I felt like I was going to pass out. I shut my eyes, blocking out the noise. A few seconds later, the kicking stopped. I was being lifted off the ground and carried into a room.

"She better not be dead. She hasn't moved or opened her eyes." 

Then it clicked. If I pretended to be dead, they would get rid of me.

"She's probably just knocked out. He did kick her pretty hard." The voice sighed. "Man, I don't know what we're gonna do with him. He's got to stop lashing out. We need her alive and he very well could have ruined that." I didn't know the voice or the other who spoke first.

I moved my body a little bit.

"Wait, she's moving." I heard the door open.

Then the same voice I knew all too well, spoke.