16 | Out Of The Woods

ALL THE COLOR left Addison's face, not that there was much color anyway with her being sick lately.

"W-what?" She asked, stumbling over that one word.

"I asked why there was a pregnancy test, a positive pregnancy test, in our bathroom." Kale spat, trying to contain his emotions.

"W-well..." Addison started. "I'm pregnant." She whispered, though it sounded more like a question.

"Were you planning on telling me?" He asked, stepping closer to her.

"Yeah. Once I processed it myself. I wasn't sure how I would tell you. That doesn't just come up in a conversation." She refused to look at him.

"Like hell it doesn't! I deserved to know that I'm gonna be a dad Addison!." The words came out so easily, but his voice was raised.

Kale's face lit up immediately.

"I'm gonna be a dad." He cheesed, pulling Addison towards his body and crashing his lips to hers.

She laughed as they broke apart.

"You're gonna be the most gorgeous mom ever Add." He grinned, the pads of his fingers rubbing her hipbones.

"Oh hush."

"I think we need to tell the guys. They should know. This is obviously going to change how things run around here. You're not leaving my sight. And you're definitely not going on missions with us. I don't want anything happening to you." Kale breathed deeply, his hand coming up to meet Addison's chin.

"We can go talk to them now if you want."

They slowly made their way down the staircase, being cautious of Kale's injury. He couldn't help but grin as they made their way to the living room where all the guys sat on the couches, engrossed in whatever was on tv.

"Is everything okay? We heard yelling." Lucas asked, turning his attention to the overjoyed couple that stood in front of them.

"Um, yeah everything's fine. We just—" Addison began, only to have Kale cut her off.

"We need to talk to you about something." Kale's voice was serious, but he tried to mask his happiness.

"What's going on?" Mitchell piped in, a frown resting on his tired face.

Addison and Kale sat down on the empty couch, his arm wrapped around hers. He hissed in pain as he sat down. An uncomfortable silence fell over them.

"Are you gonna tell us or not?" Ian asked impatiently, uneasiness evident in his tone.

Kale looked at Addison. Giving him a slight nod, she turned her attention back on the boys.

"You are aren't you?" Lucas pipes in.

"Wait a second, Lucas knew? Before me? What the hell Addison!"

"What the hell are you talking about?" Mitchell interjected.

"Answer me dammit!" Kale yelled at her, wincing as he stood up.

"No, he didn't. He just knew there was a possibility of the pregnancy!" Addison shot back, rising to her feet also.

"Oh shit." Mason stifled a laugh.

All heads turned in his direction, each person shooting him a death glare. Except Mitchell. He was staring directly at the two who now stood on their feet dangerously close to each other, the anger radiating off of their once calm bodies.