11 | Death and All His Friends

Chapter Song: How To Save A Life - Nilu

MITCHELL'S ARMS WERE wrapped around me as we made our way out of the warehouse.

Kale stayed back to take care of Darren, the guys all following after me.

"Addison are you okay?" Lucas asked, his voice slightly shaky.

The rest of the guys stood there, trying to calm down. We waited for Kale.

"What the hell happened? What—" Mitchell began only to be cut off by the sound of a gun being fired.

"Kale!" I screamed, running back into the building, everyone following close behind.

I didn't know if he was the one who was shot or if it was Darren, but at that moment I didn't care. When I made it back to the room we had just left, I saw it. Kale's body laying on the ground, his blood already seeping through his shirt.

"Kale! Oh my God. We have to help him!" I cried, turning to look at guys with pleading eyes.

"Calm down Addison. We can't help him if you're freaking out. Lucas, help me pick him up. We'll put him in the car and take him to the nearest ER." Mitchell stated, giving out clear and collected orders as he ripped his shirt off his body, wrapping it around Kale's gunshot wound.

"Baby, can you hear me? Kale?" I cooed, trying to keep myself from breaking down, but the tears kept falling.

He didn't budge. No sounds, no movement.

"Come on, let's go before Darren and his gang retaliate again." Mitchell's voice demanded.

"Oh my God." I couldn't stop myself from bursting into tears.

I needed him. He couldn't leave me. He wouldn't. Not after everything.

"Addison..." His soft voice called, his eyes slowly opening.

I rushed over to him, his body still in Mitchell and Lucas' grasp.

"Kale, baby. It's okay. Stay with me. Keep talking. Come on." I encouraged.

When we made it back to the vehicle, Mitchell laid Kale down in the back seat, careful not to unwrap the bloodied shirt that clung to Kale's wounded shoulder.

I climbed into the car, laying Kale's head down on my lap. Lucas got in my car and Ian got in Kale's following behind us.

"Come on Kale. Stay with me." I gritted my teeth to keep myself from crying harder than I already was. "Kale. Talk to me. Please..." The tears were rushing down my face.

His eyes were open, but he made no appoint to speak.

"Kale please..." I closed my eyes as the tears filled my face.

"I...love..yo—" Kale's voice came out just above a whisper, only to be cut off.

His eyes then started to close. I was losing him.

"No Kale! Keep your eyes open! Mitchell drive faster! I can't lose you Kale...S-stay with me...K-Kale..."

He was no longer looking at me, and his breathing began to slow.

"Kale Alistair Matthews open your eyes right now!" I yelled, angry.

He didn't.

"Goddammit! Why did this have to happen? We were happy! Goddammit!" I continued to curse the world and whatever else was around me.