15 | Positive

Disclaimer: this chapter contains graphic sexual content. Read at your own risk.                   

I WOKE UP to the sunlight shining through the curtain that hung by Kale and I's bed. Turning over, I instinctively went to wrap my arms around him, only to find the bed empty. Then I realized he wasn't there because he was still at the hospital.

    I glanced around to find the clock, it was eleven thirty. I had managed to sleep through the night without any interruption.

I felt my stomach bubble again and hurried to the bathroom. My knees hit the ground, and both of my hands wrapped around the toilet bowl.

    When I finished, I stood up, flushed the toilet  and walked over to the sink. Then I began brushing my teeth and washing my face.

There was a knock at the door suddenly.

      "Addison?" I heard Luke call from the other side of the door. "Are you awake yet?"

      "Yeah. I just woke up. You can come in if you want." I replied, pulling Kale's shirt over my head and walking out of the bathroom.

    The door opened, and in came a very worried Lucas.

      "What's wrong?" I asked as he sat on the bed beside me.

      "So do you really think you are?" He trailed off.

    I took in a sharp breath, the words caught in my throat.

      "I-I don't know. I tried to put it off as stress. But here lately I've been vomiting a lot. It's starting to worry me Luke. This can't happen with the state Kale is in. He hates me Luke. A baby will only make it worse." I began sobbing.

    He pulled me to his chest, rubbing small circles on my back while I cried on his shoulder for the millionth time.

   "He doesn't hate you Addison. He's just back in that dark place that he's tried so hard to stay away from. He was like this when Maddy died. He was agitated and lashed out. He said things he never meant. And he honestly didn't even know he was doing it. I bet you he doesn't remember saying all of those things to you. But you need to talk—" Lucas was cut off by the sound of his phone ringing.

    He pulled his phone out, swiped the screen and put it to his ear.

      "Hello?" He answered.

      "I need to talk to her. Where is she?" I heard a frantic voice call from the other end of the line.

    Kale.

      "She's right here. But she may not want to talk to you man. You said some horrible things to her."

      "Shit, I know I screwed up. but dammit Luke let me talk to her!" He growled.

    Lucas looked down at me, and gave me a gentle look. I nodded my head, and wiped the tears that were coming down my face. He handed me the phone.

      "Hey." I whispered, trying not to break down.

      "Baby. How'd you sleep? Mitch told me you went home to rest. He told me what I said to you—"

      "Don't worry about it. I know you didn't mean it—"

      "I don't care. I know I hurt you. I don't know what I was thinking. I don't even remember all that I said to you." He sighed.

    I didn't say anything. Instead I just handed the phone back to Lucas and burst into tears. My stomach began to flip for the second time that day. I jumped off the bed and ran to the bathroom again.