Chapter 4- Emma

It all happened so fast. I grab Nico by the collar and practically drag him inside. Jason pushes the officer back, and scrambles inside. Lukey brings in Quinn and I shut the door, locking it and quickly moving away. The heavy thumps from outside echo off the walls.

"Someone get her some water," suggests Brooklyn, panting and grasping his own hair.

I rush over to the sink and grab and salad bowl from the cupboard. The water collects quickly. I hand it to Brooklyn, who sets it on the table. Lukey gently sets her down on top.

"Call the police, or an ambulance," says Jason.

"Something tells me this has to do with the news," suggests Brooklyn. We all turn to him.

"Well we have to do something, she's bleeding!" yells Jason. I grab the rag and carefully dab it in the water. I touch it to the gash on her leg, in the corner of my eye I see her stir, she's in pain.

"Can someone find some aspirin and alcohol?" I ask.

"Um, let me check," says Lukey, quickly running to the bathroom. The rest of us stand around, unsure of what to do.

"Ah man that looks bad, is she in pain?" asks Jason.

"Of course she is you moron, her leg is split open," says Sofi. Lukey comes back, holding what looks to be a small bottle alcohol.

"There's no aspirin and this is all there's left of the rubbing alcohol," he says.

"Crap, someone call 9-1-1," suggests Brooklyn. I look over at Nico, who seems to look a little green. Sofi goes over and slumps down next to him. Jason picks up the phone from the kitchen, his shoulders tensed. There's a loud crash at the door. Probably the cop. We all turn to look at the door

"No answer," he squeaks, looking like a lost puppy.

"This is it guys, this is end," peeps Nico.

"SHUT UP! EVERYONE JUST SHUT UP!" screams Jason. I shake my head, feeling nauseous. I keep trying to wash Quinn's leg, but no its not doing anything.

"The cop's gonna bring down my door," mutters Lukey.

"Look, Quinn needs help. I'm not gonna stand here and do nothing, or she's gonna die." Jason looks like he's gonna throw up, slowly moving towards Quinn. He sits down and starts stroking her hair.

"Lukey... Lukey, plug all the bathtubs and sinks, fill them all with water. If we're going to stay here, we need to make sure we have lots of water," says Nico. Lukey runs over to the kitchen, where the rest of us hear him trying to frantically plug the bathtubs. Sofi gets up and runs over to him.

Brooklyn gets up and grabs the keys from the counter. He walks over to the glass door, which leads out to a beautiful backyard and swimming pool.

"I need two other people to come with me. I'm not going alone."

"Where exactly do you plan on going?" asks Jason.

"I'm going to Von's."

Sofi comes out of the hallway. Her shorts and vans are soaked. Lukey comes out too, looking like he came back from watching a front row show of Shamu from Sea World.

His hair is matted to his forehead, either from sweat or from the water I can't tell.

"Where are you going?" asks Sofi.

"Come with me, I'm going to the supermarket for supplies." We all look over at Quinn, and nod.

"I'm not going," says Jason, "I'm staying with Quinn. I'm calling our parents, we can't stay here."

"We have to stay here, where it's safe," replies Nico.

"You guys can stay here, but you're not making us stay here."

"Quinn can make her own decisions," says Lukey.

"Ya if she weren't freaking bleeding to death." says Jason. He undoes the belt from his jeans and ties it tightly above the bite wound on Quinn's leg.

"Go, I'm staying here." he says.

"Emma, stay here with them, you too Nico," says Brooklyn. Nico nods, still looking green in the face. I look over to Lukey and Sofi, who start towards the door.

"Be safe guys."