Chapter 7- Lukey

We pull up to a street mall. There's a Gelson's, some frozen yogurt place, and a CVS. But that's not we're looking at. There's people everywhere, frantically trying to get into the shops. Shopping carts are upturned, tossed away throughout the parking lot.

"Come on, let's get what we need and leave," says Brooklyn.

We hurry over to the supermarket, trying to block out the chaos ensuing. Brooklyn runs in front of the automatic doors, waiting frantically for them to open.

"Come on!" he yells impatiently. The doors open a few seconds later, followed by a gush of people behind us. We run to the first aid section. I let them get the bags and run towards the check-out center, grabbing as many bags as I can.

"Here!" I yell as I toss them a few bags, "Get whatever we need."

I take off again, this time towards the canned section. I grab whatever I see, cans of fruit, soup. Once I finish there I sprint towards the drinks section. I grab a handful of Gatorade's, juice, and about five gallons of water. If this the apocalypse, I'm not freaking dying of starvation or thirst. Okay, I'm done. I pick up all my bags, heaving them as I grunt loudly. That's when I see the blood.

"Guys?" I ask. I turn around just in time to see a behemoth knock me down to the floor. I have my back to the floor. The creature sits on top of me, pinning me down with all its weight. Blood and spit drip into my eyes. I try to get up but the freak slams my head into the floor. I see stars and I think, well, this is it. As I'm about to give up, I see Sofi run behind it. She takes one of the bags I gave her and empties it. She kicks the crap out of the thing before begins choking it with the bag. I slither out of the fight, my head spinning. Brooklyn comes over to help, pushing Sofi away. With the flick of Brooklyn's arms the creature goes limp. Broken neck.

I start withering in pain, my eyes beginning to sting really bad. Sofi opens a water bottle and starts pouring some into my eyes. It relieves the pain almost immediately. She helps open my eyes.

"Oh shit."

Brooklyn walks over and squats down next to her. He asks me if I'm okay. I think I say yes, because next thing I know they're helping me up, making their way to the car. Sofi opens the backseat and puts me in it. Brooklyn stars putting everything in the trunk. As I close my eyes, I feel the car start moving.