Chapter 8- Nico

I walk over to Lukey's room and shut the door. I can't deal with this right now. If there comes a situation where Jason requires my assistance, he isn't going to get it. I saved his girlfriend's life, least he could do is thank me. But whatever, I'm going to be the bigger person.

I hear the sound of a car pulling in. They're back. I make my way out of Lukey's room, hoping for some good news. As I open the door, I see Brooklyn carrying Lukey into the house. Emma gasps and walks over to see them.

"Where's Sofi?" I ask Brooklyn. He sets Lukey down on the sofa.

"She's outside with the supplies, go help her, you too Jason." I look over at Jason. He gets up and walks right past me.

"What happened to him?" I ask.

He hit his head on the floor. He's unconscious but I think he'll be alright. We got attacked while we were there. Lukey took most of the beating.

I nod and walk outside to help with the supplies. Sofi and Jason start bringing them in. I make my way out to the car, looking down the street and around me before I do anything. I grab the remaining bags and close the trunk. As I set the stuff on the counter we hear Quinn stir. She starts coughing. Quinn sits up, looks at us angrily, and spits out blood.

"I'm going home," she says as she gets up from the table, "please let me go home."

Jason puts his hand on her forehead and cringes.

"You're burning," he looks at us frantically, "we got to get her to a hospital!"

"I said I want to go home!" she yells at him, "Take me home please."

Jason nods his head and picks her up, taking her to his car. He slams the door to his car, and I go out on the driveway and walk over to tell him it is a bad idea to leave. Of course he ignores me. I hear Lukey moan from behind me.

"Nico, get back inside," Jason spits.

"Lukey, I thought you were unconscious?"

He moans again and falls down.

"Get him an ice pack or something!" I yell loudly, hoping someone would hear me, but the only people outside with me is Jason, who does not like me, and Quinn who is in bad shape, and both of them are in Jason's car.

No one listens, so I decide to do it myself . By the time I come back outside to give Lukey the ice pack, their car is gone.

I walk back inside to help Lukey. I put him down on the edge of the couch where Emma comes to see him. Lukey starts to twitch and move his hands. She holds him down. His usually bright green eyes are now yellow and bloodshot. His black hair is drenched in sweat.

"What the..." I manage to get out before Sofi pushes past me.

"Did that thing spit on you?" She asks him. He closes his eyes, nods yes, and lays back down on the couch, clutching a brown pillow to his chest.

"This is absolutely insane," says Emma laughing, "This is completely insane."

Brooklyn sits down next to Lukey, trying to comfort him.

"He's going into shock. Whatever that thing at the supermarket did to him, Lukey's experiencing the side effects of it," says Brooklyn.

"Is he going to turn into one of those zombie things out there?" I ask worriedly.

"We need to get in touch with our parents, like right now," says Sofi, "If we don't talk to them now, or call someone, we're going to have bigger problems."

We all nod in agreement.

"One problem," Nico says, "there's no signal remember,"

Brooklyn shakes his head. "When Lukey gets better, we're getting out of here."