Ch 7: Earth it up!

After the near death experience the six girls began to grow suspicious of what was causing all these strange and oddly timed bad events. First it was the preschool fire, then the weeping willow come to life, then the sudden launch off the school roof from a bench. What's next? A giant earthquake or random tsunami? The girls decided to discuss this at a sleepover at the twins' house. Emiko and Lyla sighed at the sudden and very last minute decision and went with it anyways without any arguments. The girls dispersed to go prepare for the slumber party meeting after they finished the school day with no more incidents.

     "So how are we gonna tell mom and dad we're having a sleepover at our house tonight?" Emiko asked her twin.

    "We just ask them? They don't seem to mind all that much whenever we do have slumber parties." Lyla replied.

    "But that's when we actually plan them and ask mom and dad in advanced." Emiko retorted.

    "Oh... Yeah... Um..." Lyla trailed off into thought. Emiko sighed and walked up to the front door of their home with her twin and unlocked the door before going inside. Lyla walked up to their mother and father who were in the kitchen baking sweets. 

     "Welcome home girls." their mother greeted as she checked on some baking cakes in the oven.

    "Wanna help us make all these sweets?" their father asked rolling some cookie dough out.

   "Actually we were wondering if it's ok for us to have our friends over for a slumber party tonight." the twins said insync with each other. Their parents looked at them.

   "Well it's a Friday night so I guess it's ok." their mother said looking at her husband.

   "Fine girls you win. Now there's actually a good reason we're making all these treats and such." their father began using cookie cutters to cut shapes out of the cookie dough. The twins thanked their parents then ran off to prepare the basement and clean up. Their mother and father simply chuckled and continued their activity.

                                                                                  ~Time skip~

It was around 6:00 pm when the guests arrived. Lyla answered the door when it was knocked upon.

    "Welcome everyone." Lyla smiled and stepped aside for her friends to come in. Which they did so graciously.

   "Go ahead and put your stuff down stairs in the basement. It's all set up." Emiko called from the kitchen where she had joined in on the sweets making.

    "What smells yummy?" Danitta asked sniffing the air as Lyla closed the door.

   "My sister and parents are making a bunch of sweets in the kitchen." Lyla answered as she guided the four girls down to the basement.

   "They smell delicious. Can't wait to bite into them." Chloe smiled her mouth watering at the enticing smells from the kitchen. The girls laughed as they walked down to the basement and set their bags down in a makeshift drop zone with a paper sign taped to the wall with an arrow drawn on it and pointing down labled as 'drop zone'. At least if their stuff is all in one place it won't be hard to find. The girls changed into their pjs  and made themselves comfortable in the giant blanket and pillow fort that took up the whole basement. The twins are never to be questioned how they build their pillow and blanket forts that take up their entire basement. Just don't do it. After a while Emiko came down stairs in her pjs with a large tray of various sweets. Her parents followed with trays of their own and all three set the trays down on a coffee table in the fort.