Our bond.

Discord took aim at the squabbling girls, his eyes wide with excitement that he was finally going to get the elements of harmony back. The black orb of energy grew bigger in his hands and then it started to hum as Discord prepared to fire. Despite being stuck in a six way cat fight, Emiko noticed Discord about to attack and felt her blood run cold. She may not have particularly liked any of her friends, or even her twin at the moment, but she certainly didn't want any of them to get killed. She still cared even though she was angry with them. And her compassion for her friends made her loyal to them. Discord fired his spell with sadistic laugh. To Emiko everything seemed to move in slow motion for the few seconds between her breaking free from the brawl and shielding her friends with her illusionary fire. The black beam hit her dead on in the chest. She stumbled back a step as her illusionary fire around her friends disappeared. Her friends looked at Emiko in shock, frozen in their actions of trying to beat each other to death. Emiko felt nothing for a second then felt the most excruciating pain she had ever felt, shoot through her entire body as black lightning blasted in and out of her. She screamed in agony and tears started falling from her eyes. Her elemental transformation was reversed showing all the townspeople watching who she really was. Her screams faded into heavy silence as her fire was drawn out and formed into a flame shaped gem with a lightning bolt shaped gem inside of it. The black lightning disappeared and Emiko limply collapsed in a heap on the ground. Discord grabbed a hold of her soul in its physical form, the ghostly aura around it shining. Lyla snapped out of her shock and her eyes teared up as she forcefully broke free from the other girls and crawled to her twin sobbing.

"Wake up Emiko! Wake up! You have to fight!" Lyla tried to find a pulse in her twin but felt nothing. Her twin lay pale and cold to the touch on the ground in front of her. "NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

"She... She sacrificed herself... To save us..." Jasmine and the rest of the girls all untangled themselves from each other as Lyla screamed, sobs wracking through her body.

"Why...? Why?! Why would you do something so stupid?!" Danitta clenched her fists as tears started falling down her cheeks.

"You're so reckless! You idiot!" Chloe gritted her teeth unable to stop herself from crying.

"Give her back...GIVE HER BACK YOU MONSTER!!!" Jasmine turned and ran at Discord with tear filled eyes and threw a punch at him. Discord just laughed and caught her fist in his free hand. He hit her with the same spell he hit Emiko with and ripped out her element and soul. Discord laughed as he watched Jasmine's transformation reverse and her body collapse to the ground. He had the two elements float aside and got ready as Sierra, Lyla, Danitta and Chloe all came charging at him screaming.

"GIVE THEM BACK OR ELSE!" Sierra whipped Discord with some water she summoned but he grabbed her by the throat and slammed her into Lyla, sending them both flying back. He shot them with his dark spell, their screams of agony music to his ears. Their elements joined Emiko's and Jasmine's off to the side behind Discord. Four girls lay dead on the ground, their identities revealed, two remained standing. Chloe managed to catch Discord in a tornado she made and Danitta shot her lighting into it. Discord laughed louder and threw Danitta's lightning at Chloe, knocking her off her feet. He threw Chloe's tornado at Danitta, sucking her up and spitting her out a dizzy mess. Chloe got to her feet and tried to hit Discord again with a strong gust of wind but he went right through it as he sprinted up to her and hit her with his dark magic, laughing as he ripped her element and soul out of her body and tossed it to the others. Chloe fell and Danitta was left as the last one standing. Discord turned his attention to Danitta who felt her knees shake as she stood her ground.

"You're the last one standing little girl... Why don't you just give me your soul? I promise your death will be quick and painless if you do." Discord started walking towards Danitta his dark magic pooling into his hand. Danitta threw some lightning at him to try and stop him from coming any closer to her but it was futile. She casted a brief glance at her friends on the ground and their elements, their souls floating around each other behind Discord. Discord got within arm's reach of Danitta and was about to strike her down and claim the final element before he was suddenly blinded. Danitta used her lightning to temporarily blind Discord and she sprinted around him making a beeline for her friends souls. Discord furiously rubbed at his eyes trying to clear his vision turning around in Danitta's direction. "You insolent brat!! I'll kill you! I'll swallow you and your pathetic friends' souls and rule this world and Equestria!"

"No. You. Will. NOT!" Danitta caught her friends' souls. Suddenly there was a huge blast of magical energy. Light engulfed the city and everything in it. Discord shielded his eyes from the bright light as everything went completely white for a few seconds. When the light faded, Discord opened his eyes to a sight that made his blood over boil. He roared with rage his human disguise incinerating off him as he grew into a real monster. The girls were all holding hands in a circle, those who had died now alive and back in their elemental forms. They all had their eyes closed and they were all focusing their elements into each other.

"YOU ALL WILL DIE BY MY HANDS AND I WILL RULE THIS WORLD AND ALL OTHERS!" Discord started towards the girls. As he got closer he could hear them all chanting.

"Our bond will forever keep us honest."

"Our bond will forever keep us kind."

"Our bond will forever keep us laughing."

"Our bond will always keep us generous."

"Our bond will forever keep us loyal."

"Our bond will forever keep us magical."

Discord roared loudly and reached to grab the girls but a barrier pushed his hands back. The girls kept chanting, constantly switching who says what until they all started chanting in perfect unison. Discord kept trying to break the barrier protecting them but his effort were for not. The girls glowed brighter and brighter as they kept chanting, holding hands with their eyes closed. Their circle began to float up into the sky, surrounded by a sphere of magical energy that grew stronger the more the girls chanted. Discord charged up his own dark magic and took aim at the girls. His dark orb of energy grew bigger than the girls' orb surrounding them, ten times their size. The girls opened their eyes, all of which were glowing and leaned to that the opening of their circle faced Discord. Discord launched his attack at the girls. The girls flew right at it and hit it, the dark energy being forced around them and purified. Discord could hear them chanting and it grew louder and louder. He put more energy into his attack hoping it would push the girls back and overwhelm them.

"ELEMENTAL HARMONY!" The girls shouted and blasted through Discord's dark magic beam purifying it hitting Discord in a bright explosion of light.

"NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOooooo." Discord's screams faded away into nothing as the light shockwave spread out over the sky and city, reversing and purifying everything Discord corrupted. People stopped fighting each other, animals returned to normal, collapsed buildings and other structures were repaired, clouds were dispersed and sun light shone. People's memories of everything that happened were erased and they all looked around confused, wondering what they were doing. Nobody could remember what they were doing before so all of the towns people started going back into their normal routines, without the marshal law.

Meanwhile the six heroes were just regaining consciousness in the field where they had all first met. They all were laying in a circle with their heads at the center. The soft grass tickled their skin and the bright sun light made them shield their eyes. A gentle breeze blew through the field as the girls sat up and looked around.