The Cult

We're on our way to a camp called Province Town in Hannibal, Missouri ran by some guy Garnett knew pre-Z. We're only planning on staying there for a day or two so we can stock up on supplies. Sadly the fire truck ran out of gas so we're all back in our regular truck. The truck is parked on side of the road because Murphy had to pee. Everyone is sitting at the back of the truck as we wait. I'm sitting on the edge of the truck bed with 10k on my right and Addy on my left.

"No Z's in sight." Mack announces.

"Anybody else worried about Mr.Sunshine out there?" Doc asks staring at Murphy.

"I know, he's looking worse." Garnett says.

"Yeah, he was pretty creepy to start with." Warren adds.

"Come on guys, give him a break. Its the apocalypse, none of us look our best. It's one long bad hair day." Addy says.

"Speaking of hair, what's with all the bald patches?" Mack asks.

"Maybe the vaccine is like zombie chemo." Cassandra says.

"Or maybe the vaccine isn't working." 10k suggests.

"What do you think Doc?" Garnett asks.

"I've seen Z's look better than him." Doc says.

"Will he make it to California?"

"If we haul ass."

"If he goes zombie, we might have to put him down."

"Dibs on piking him." I say quickly.

"If he turns, piking him's the least of our worries." Garnett says. Murphy finishes his business and turns around to see all of us looking at him.

"What?" He asks.

"Pit stop's over, let's get moving." Garnett says.

"I have a ginormous bladder. Sue me."

Everyone gets inside the truck instead of Mack, Addy, 10k, and I, who ride in the bed of the truck. After driving for a while we arrive at the gate of Province Town.

"Surrender all weapons." 10k reads a sigh by the gate. "Are they serious?!" He asks.

"Looks like." Mack says.

"They can't take away by babies!" I say hugging my flamethrower and bow. Mack, Addy, and 10k laugh at my reaction.Garnett talks to the leader of the camp, Major Williams. After talking for a while they let us in and check us for weapons. Once were completely weaponless Major Williams starts to show us around the camp. He finishes the tour of the camp in a cafeteria where we all fill our plates with fruits and veggies. After filling my plate I take a seat next to 10k at the table everyone is at.

"Kinda sucks that there's no meat here." Addy says. Everyone nods there head in agreement, except for me. They all notice and look at me.

"Don't you agree Nuka?" Doc asks. I shrug.

"I've been a vegetarian since I was six, so I don't really care." I say truthfully.

"How come you were a vegetarian?"

"My couch had me on a pretty strict diet."

"Couch?"

"I was in gymnastics."

"Were you any good."

"Was I any good? My couch referred to me as a prodigy. I made it first place in nationals. I say I was pretty good."

"You're gonna have to show us sometime." Addy says. I look beside me to see 10k gone.

"He can be a fucking ninja sometimes." I say.