Fu-Bar

I sit in the bed of the truck with 10k. I could hear Citizen Z make an announcement about Garnetts death on the radio. I glance over at 10k, who is already glancing back at me with a half smile. He grabs my hand, intertwining our fingers, and I rest my head on his shoulder.

"I love you." I say.

"I love you too." I look through the back window of the truck at Warren, she's still really upset about Garnett. I don't blame her, I can't imagine what I would be like if I lost 10k. Mack and Addy were ahead of us on a motorcycle. A small explosion came from the engine of the truck, causing it to stop. Mack and Addy turned back around to help us.

"Radiator?" Mack asks.

"Yeah." Doc responds.

"Fixable?"

"Don't know."

"Gee if we only had a mechanic." Murphy sarcastically states looking at Warren. 10k crawls under the truck.

"You gotta let her deal man, shes got post-traumatic stress." Doc says

"She's got post-traumatic stress? The worlds got post-traumatic stress. Actually there isn't anything post about it. We all got plain ol' present tense, all traumatic, all stress all the time. What makes her so special?" Murphy says walking over to Warrens window. We talks to her for a few minutes but she doesn't say anything, she just turns around and ignores him. He walk back over to us.

"Addy and I will scout ahead, see of we can get some help." Mack volunteers.

"We will?" Addy asks.

"Yeah."

"I dunno guys, I think we should get together." Doc insists.

"Don't worry, we're just gonna scout ahead and circle back around and find you. Its not like your getting anywhere in that truck. Come on Addy." Mack says. He and Addy get on their bike and drive off. 10k come from under the truck.

"I found a leak in the radiator hose, taped it up a little bit, but we're not going anywhere unless we get some water in there." 10k announces. We all dump our water in the hose.

"I'll drive." 10k says getting the drivers seat.

"Knock yourself out kid." Doc says.

"Shotgun!" I shout getting in the passenger seat. Murphy and Doc get in the backseat with Cassandra and Warren. 10k steps on the gas and we go speeding forward a couple feet before stopping. I put my hand on the dashboard to keep from flying forward.

"Easy there kid easy! Who taught you how how to drive?!" Doc asks.

"Um. No one." 10k says. I reach over and put on my seatbelt.

"Hands on the ten and the two. And easy on the gas." I tell him. I look back at Doc.

"You do realize we were fifteen when the apocalypse started right?"

"Then how do you know how to drive?" Doc asks raising and eyebrow.

"I always kinda rebellious and I grew up in a bad neighborhood, so not only did I know how to drive cars, but I was hot wiring them since I was eleven." I admit. Doc laughs.

"I bet you got in a lot of trouble when you were younger."

"Let's just say juvi ain't nice. But neither was I so no one fucked with me." I say looking out the window. 10k was driving again but he was doing better.

"What?!" 10k says.

"I've been to prison and I know you gotta have a tough reputation for no one to mess with ya', what did you do?" Murphy asks.