10k

After we got back to the others Doc, the boy, and I went off to scavenge for gas and supplies. We weren't to far from the rest of the group. Doc was in a red car searching for supplies, the boy was at another car trying to get gas from it, and I was keeping watch for them.

"So, what are your names?" Doc asks.

"10,000." The boy responds first. Doc raises an eyebrow.

"That's not a name, that's a number." Doc points out.

"It's my name, made it up myself."

"I'd think you'd have to."

"Dose it mean anything?" I ask.

"How many zombies I'm gonna kill."

"Well that's a whole lot of zombies." Doc states.

"Already at 1,055."

"Damn." Docs says shocked.

"That's impressive." I comment. "What happens when you get to 10,000?"

"Change my name."

"To what? 20,000?" Doc chuckles.

"Jeff. I like the name Jeff." 10k explains then looks at me. "What about you, what your name?" He asks looking at me.

"Nuka." I respond. They looked at me confused.

"I've never met someone named Nuka." 10k says.

"I've never met somebody named 10,000." I state. Doc's eyes go wide.

"Nuka, like Nuke." He asks. I nod.

"Nuke as in like, bombs?" 10k asks. Doc and I nod.

"I've heard about you." Doc says.

"You have?" 10k asks confused.

"Well, I ain't exactly unknown in New York." I state.

"What did you do?" He asks.

"From what I've heard she ran through a herd of Z's with that flamethrower of hers, she set off a bomb in an overrun high school," Doc explains, "and my favorite story about her is when she set an entire camp on fire." He finishes. 10k looks at me with wide eyes. I give a small smile.

"Yeah, me and cannibals don't go well. Especially when they go around thinkin I'm their next meal." I state.

"So that's what made you decide to change your name?" 10k asks.

"Well, technically I didn't change my name."

"What do you mean?" I look at both of them staring at me confused. I sigh.

"Okay. Three words that describe me." I begin. "Big. Ass. Explosions. I have been the cause of so many explosions and fires that hardly anybody even knows about. After a while people tend to notice that your always there when something blows up. And no one has ever bothered with asking my name so people just started calling me Nuka, and I just ran with it."

"So how come when we asked your name you told us Nuka instead of your real name?" Doc asks.

"Because people have called me Nuka for the past two years now, I'm just used to it. And honestly if someone came up and called me by my real name a I probably wouldn't realize they're talking to me." I answer truthfully.

"So what is your real name?" 10k asks. I smirk.

"That's for me to know and you to find out." I say playfully winking at him, then walk off towards the rest of the group with them close behind me. When we get there we see the others holding a man at gun point.