Chapter 16: Big news and booze

[Payson's POV]

"What the hell is this?"

Harry shouted as he stormed into the room holding a copy of a magazine. He flung it on the bed.

"Niall Horans new girlfriend throws a temper tantrum?"

I choke on the tea I was drinking.

"WHAT!!?" I screamed.

I reach over and grab the magazine, and sure enough I'm on the front cover with Niall, our lips smashed together. I turn to page 32 to see more pictures. Me running away crying, and Niall chasing after me, us hugging in the rain, and walking home hand-in-hand. I read the article:

Niall Horans new girl has a meltdown in Nandos. The princess didn't get what she wanted and stormed out on the heartthrob. Ouch! Horan chased after her, and finally succeeded to calm her down. A friend close to the couple stated, "They just had a bit of a misunderstanding. Niall ordered her Pepsi instead of diet Pepsi. All couples fight."   Niall has definitely found himself a winner. Good luck, mate.

"Woah, woah, woah. This article is a load of bullshit!" Niall says, now outraged.

I look at them both, calmly get out of the bed and leave. I didn't want to fall apart there. What kind of people go around trying to ruin lives. Jealous people. I run past bedrooms all the way to mine, and slam the door as hard as I can. Taking extra precaution to lock it. Thats when my phone rings. I'm too afraid to look at it already knowing who the caller would be. I pick it up anyway. Josh. I answer with a shaky voice.

Me: H-hello.

Josh: Why would you do something like this to me? I loved you. Was I not good enough?

Me: Of course your good enough baby. You don't understand it....

Josh: No Pay! You don't understand. I have never been good when it comes to relationships. I get jealous, but I try. I love you.

Me: I-I-I love you too....

Josh: No you don't! If you did you sure as hell wouldn't be fucking snogging that blonde dude.

Me: No.... It was all a misunderstanding baby, the bloody reporter made up a lie. I love you with all my heart.

Josh: Prove it.

-Dial tone-

"I'm sorry," I scream.

"I'm fucking sorry!"

I threw my phone on the bed. I pulled a locked chest from underneath the bed. The boys had seen it, but they didn't know what it contained. I unlocked it, and took out a bottle of Tequila. I replaced the chest under my bed my bed. I opened the bottle and swallowed a few mouthfuls. I coughed. Bringing the bottle back to my lips, I took a few more swigs. Before I knew it, I had half the bottle gone. My eye lids felt heavy, I was dizzy, and I can't think straight. I had a small alcohol problem. I drank heavily when I was stressed. Harry knew about it. It all started when I was 15. I wanted to feel more than pain. I did a lot of things I'm not proud of, I still do, most Haz doesn't know about. I wanted to forget my problems. I use to steal from my parents liquor cabinets, and Haz would steal from his. We would have 'sleepovers' and drink in the treehouse we had built when we were 10 between our houses. I had almost finished the bottle when I got pissed. I overturned chairs, and dumped boxes on the floor. Clothes were everywhere. I heard Jack scratching at the door, so I let him in. I forgot to lock it back. Big mistake. Jack went straight to his bed after licking my hand. I finished off my bottle and heard a knock at the door.