Chapter 6: Hurting

[Payson's POV]

Nandos was amazing. When we got back in the car every one switched seats. Liam drove, Harry rode up front. Niall and Zayn sat in the first row of back seats, Louis and I in the very back. Louis got comfy, and opened his arms up in welcome. I snuggled into Louis' chest, and fell asleep. It was 9 p.m. when I fell asleep. I started to shiver. Then I started to sweat. I hoped Louie didn't notice, but he didn't he was out cold. While I slept I had a dream. In my dream Nathan had just broke my heart, and I punched him. He pulled out a knife, and stabbed me. He stabbed me in the stomach. I began screaming, and flailing.

I opened my eyes, and saw Louis' horrifyed face. I couldn't breathe, and the pain of being stabbed was not just a dream. I felt like a knife had been stabbed into me 10 times. Louis had his arms and legs wrapped around me stroking my hair, and Liam pulled of the road. I felt like I was dying. The pain was excruciating. I was bawling my eyes out, and it hurt too much to speak. I calmed my body hoping the pain would go away, but it didn't. I layed there crying in Louis' arms until the pain subsided enough to speak. I was surrounded by the boys. I managed to stutter out, "L-Louie it hurts."

"What hurts, love?"

I start shaking really bad.

"My stomach." I say.

Louis picks me up gently, and steps out side of the car. He lays me in the grass on the side of the road.

"Can I touch your stomach?" He asks.

I nod.

Every time he touches a part of my of my stomach I wince. He touches a spot he shouldn't have. I grimmace, and say, "Oh shit."

I sit forward, and and vomit. Of course i have to vomit all over Louis Tomlinson. That's the last thing i remember before I black out.

[Louis' POV]

I fall asleep for about an hour. I am comfortable. Payson all snuggled up to my chest, breathing softly. Everything happened so suddenly. One minute she was silently asleep, the next she was screaming. Liam swerves, and yells, "What the hell is going on back there?"

I wrap my arms and legs around her trying to immobilize her flailing body.

"I have no clue! Pull over!"

I begin whispering to her, and trying to comfort her as we pull off the road. She calms enough to speak,

"Louie it hurts."

I ask her what hurts, and she replies her stomach. I gently lift her up, step out of the car, and place her in the grass. My mum is a nurse, so I know some medical things. I ask if i can touch her stomach and she agrees. Every time I touch her she winces in pain. When i touch a part on the lower part of her stomach she raises up and vomits. All over me. She pukes Nandos, white foam........and blood. I didn't care that she puked on me, especially when i saw the blood.

"Holy shit."

She falls back and that's when the seizures begin.

"Somebody call a fucking ambulance!" I scream. Liam pulls out his mobile, and calls for an ambulance. I hold Payson down to try to keep her from hurting herself. Her eyes rolled back in her head, and more blood rolled down her chin. Niall snapped. He sat down in the dirt covering his ears with his hands, and putting his head between his knees continually screaming, "No, no, no"

Zayn rubs Niall's back, and talks to him. Niall sobs. Harry stares at the blood on her chin. He is obviously pissed at himself. He punches the closest tree, then takes off running. It takes Liam less than 5 seconds to catch up to him. Liam tackles Harry to the ground. When they get up Harry screams,

"This is all my fault!" Liam half drags, half carries the crying Harry back to the car. By the time they get back to the car Harry has slightly calmed. I know i am on the verge of tears, but I have to stay strong. Liam and Zayn being strong. Niall and Harry at the break point. I'm trying to keep up the act, but I'm close to my breakpoint. I hear the sirens in the background. I am scared out of my mind when the ambulance gets there.

The paramedics asks me to ride with her. Liam drives as the other boys follow close behind us. Payson has an oxygen mask put on her. I'm extremely upset, and I guess my faces looks it. The paramedic looks at me, and says, "she's going to be fine mate."

Then he begins asking questions I don't know the answer to. I answer what I know. "Her name is Payson Olivia Sims, her birthday is December 4, 1995."

"So she just turned 18?" He asks.

I nod.

"Where does she live?" He asks

I reply, "As of yesterday with me and my friends in London."

The seizures have stopped, but she is still unconscious. Finally we get to the hospital, and everything goes slowly from there.