The Start of a New Beginning

It's dark. There's red everywhere. Where is he? Wait. Oh yeah. He was dying. Namikaze Uzumaki Naruto was dying. Ha.

"Kit, you're not dead yet. As a matter of fact neither am I." The Fox told him.

"Kurama? Do me a favour. Tell me it was a dream. Please?"

"Gomen Kit. None of it was."

Naruto sighed, causing pain is his punctured lung but he couldn't care less right now. Especially when he was the only human left that could feel pain at the moment.

Naruto lay there on the empty battlefield. There was no sounds, not even birds, just the slightest sound of his wheezed breathing.

The surroundings didn't even have a corpse, let alone something alive, all of them destroyed by the final blast, obliterating everything. Including Madara.

"Is there anything left of Konoha?" He asks, his voice desperate, even though he knew the answer.

"...No. Not anymore." Was the reply from the Fox. Simple yet heartbreaking.

Naruto stared at the sky, which has slowly began to turn blue again. He forced himself not to cry, to think of some way to make everything right again.

Then he had an idea.

"Ne, Kurama, what would happen if I overload the Hiraishin with chakra?"

"..."

"Kurama?"

"..."

" Kura-chan?

"Shut up! I'm trying to think!"

"..."

*Sigh. "You would most like go back in time."

"I knew it. Can we try?"

"I don't see why not. We're dying anyway."

At this Naruto scowled. Then smiled. The started laughing in joy. He'd be able to go back before all the wrong crap started happening. And even if it didn't work, it wouldn't really matter by then.

Naruto took out one of his Hiraishin kunai.

"Let's do it."

Naruto and Kurama began adding all the chakra they had left into the small blade.

Then he threw it.

And they were enveloped by the darkness.