Her Past

I come back the next day, as usual, but instead of my head filled with new jokes, I was thinking about what she looks like. I bet she was beautiful and had the loveliest eyes. I bet her smile could cure any depression.

I shook my head, what am I thinking? I shouldn't get my hopes up. Although, it wouldn't matter what she looked like, her personality was enough to get me hooked.

I arrive at the door and I don't even have to knock to tell her I'm there.  I hear her perk up, "Hello!"

"'Sup?" I say and slump down against the door.

"How are you today?" She says gently and I hear her move.

I let out a small breath, "I'm good, how 'bout you?"

"I'm alright," I turn toward the door.

"Something wrong?" I said putting my hand on the door. I heard her sigh.

"I don't want to bother you with what happened in the past." She mumbled and I could tell she wasn't smiling.

"I don't mind," I finger my jacket and look around. I just realized all the mushrooms laying around in the area. Kind of strange how they lined up toward the door on both sides.

She sighs again, "If you must know, I'll tell you,"

I shrug and tell her to go ahead.

"I still miss my ex," I flinch, her ex?

I frown and look at the door. I was about to respond, but she cuts me off.

"But my aim is getting better!"

Wow. I did not see that coming. I burst with laughter. We both laugh for a long time, until she sighs, this time it's a happy sigh.

 We both laugh for a long time, until she sighs, this time it's a happy sigh

"Yes, it is true, I left my husband, but I do not miss him." I was feeling conflicted on the subject. I wonder why she left him. Maybe because he didn't like bad jokes.

"Why'd ya leave 'em?" I ask, somewhat intrigued. I hear her scuff, "He made a terrible decision, that is all."

I lean back with my hands in my pockets. Strange, I wonder what was the decision. Well, whatever it was, it must of been bad. I didn't want to be nosy, so I moved on.

"Heh, that was pretty good. You really caught me off guard." I chuckle and so does she.

"You're really cool." I said accidentally. I meant it, but I didn't mean to say it now.

She stops laughing. My face starts to feel hot, even though it's freezing outside.

"Thank you, I think you are really cool, too." I hear a smile in her voice. My heart thumps at a steady beat. My body fills with, what I guess is happiness. My cheeks start to warm up. Am I blushing? But I'm a skeleton, I can't blush. Can I?!

Then she asks me the strangest question.

"Do you have anyone special in your life?"

I sit there thinking for a bit. I tried to think of anyone I loved. I could only think of three people, but I knew I could only tell her the two.

"Welp, there's my brother, Papyrus, and Grillby, my buddy."

I smile, "Papyrus is the coolest guy I know."

"That is sweet of you, you must really love your brother." She says kind of motherly. I chuckle, "Yeah, I do."

I sit and listen to my surroundings. It's a very odd place for a random locked door to be, almost scary. Kind of like she didn't want anyone to find her.