13

YEAR: 1966

•Julian's POV•

My parents are still fighting. Dad is always telling mum to get out of her house so we can move in. I don't know why dad wants to move back into the house, I'm fine living in Julia's apartment. Although, I don't have any friends around. Heather and Mary live really far away; if we lived in our old house they'd be right down the street. I miss my mum and the McCartney's.

"John, I want her house!"
"Julia, she's not gonna give it to us!"
"John!" she growled, "we need it!"

Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! I hate all this fighting! I don't want to be here! I hate all of you!

"Julia, shut your kid up!"
"He's yer son too ye know!" she sighed and carried me into my room. "Calm down baby, everything's fine," she cooed. "I'm sorry about all the fightin, I know it makes ye upset. Hey, do ye wanna go see Heather?" she beamed.
"Yes!" I cheered.
"Alright!" She set me down to play while she got ready.

A couple of minutes passed and before I knew it, dad and Julia drove me to the McCartney's house.

"Hey Michelle, can ye watch Julian for a few hours?" Julia asked.
"Sure thing," she smiled and took me from her arms. "Heather!" she called.
"Yes mum?"
"Julian's here," she smiled and set me down on the floor.
"Hi Jules!"
"Hi," I waved.
"Wanna play outside?"
"It's raining honey," Michelle mumbled.
"Please mum!"
"Fine...get yer coat and boots on and don't leave the backyard,"
"Thank ye!"
"Mhmm,"

Heather quickly got into her gear and dragged me outside to enjoy the rain. She immediately began jumping around in the puddles and trying to slash me.

"Come on Julian!" she chuckled as she pulled me into a puddle.

I began slashing around and trying to get her wet as well. After a few minutes, she dragged me onto the play set where we stayed for a bit to dry off.

"Why don't ye ever talk Jules?"
"I dunno," I mumbled.
"Do ye know how to say anythin other than I dunno?"
"Yeah,"
"Then why don't ye talk more?" I just looked to her and shrugged. "Come on Jules!"
"I'm sorry..." I whispered.
"Don't be," she moved closer to me, "I'm just teasin," she chuckled. "I know ye don't like to talk...I'm fine with it," she smiled and decided to lay down on the playset. "I hate how you're so far away," she pouted.
"I know..."
"I'm also sorry about yer parents,"
"It's fine..."
"I think this is the most you've ever said to me," she cheered. "I've missed ye," she smiled.
"I've missed ye too," I whispered.
"Hangin around Mary all day is so boring! It's nice to see someone new!"
"Yeah..."
"I don't know how ye stand bein alone all day," she sighed.
"Hey Jules!" Paul called as he ran to the play set, "didn't see ye come in," he chuckled. "How have ye been?"
"Fine..."
"I hear yer parents are lookin for a new house, one a lot closer to us,"
"I know..."
"Why don't ye ever talk above a whisper?" he whispered.
"Sorry," I slightly enunciated.
"Don't be," he russled my hair. "Ye guys should really come inside now or you'll catch something rotten. Come on then."

He helped us down and walked us back to the house where Michelle had already made Heather and I some soup to warm us up. After we had our lunch we went up to the play room and sat there for another hour; I kinda just listened to Heather ramble on about god knows what.

"Hey Jules," Paul mumbled, "yer mum and dad are here to pick ye up,"
"Okay...bye," I waved to Heather.
"Bye," she pouted.
"Julian," Julia cheered, "we got a new house!"

What about my mum? Where is she gonna live? On the street? Ugh, I don't like you...

"Let's go see it," she smiled and picked me up.

We began driving to my old home; mums car wasn't in the driveway though...I wonder where she went.

"Okay Jules, this is a good time to tell ye why we're movin in the first place," dad grumbled, "I don't know if you understand me, and frankly, I don't know if you care, but yer mum is pregnant,"
"Did ye hear that sweetie? Yer gonna have a little brother or sister!"

Great.