Chapter 37: Standing in the Dark

LUCY'S P.O.V

"M-Mum?" I gasped

"Hello sweetie," she smiled.

I stood frozen with shock. Emma and Zara were standing next to me, their protective nature kicking in. She was smiling like a Cheshire Cat and I felt the anger build up inside me as the flashbacks of the times she used to beat me up came flashing back. I stared at the beaming woman. She would only be 36, but she looked about 70. That's what drugs do to you.

"What the fuck do you want?" I asked through clenched teeth.

"It's nice to see you too, darling."

"Don't give me that bullshit."

"Excuse me?"

"How did you find me?"

"Your fiancee. I was working in the jewellers he bought your lovely engagement ring and he somehow worked out I was your mother. We exchanged numbers and he called me this morning saying that you would be here."

"Harry arranged all this? I'll fucking kill him!"

"He seems like a nice lad."

I looked at her. All the girls had gone silent.

"Do you even know who he is? Do you even know who I am?" I asked her.

"He told me he was in a band. And you? I don't know. I had no idea what you wanted to be."

"Oh, and I wonder why that is!"

"Listen, can you take this somewhere else? Anyone could see, and you don't want another press story Lu," Zara said.

"Yeah, Lou would you get the dress for me?" I asked handing her my purse.

"Yeah, sure."

I walked back into the changing rooms and changed into my normal clothes.

-------------------------------------------

"HARRY! FUCKING GET IN HERE!" I yelled as we arrived at the house.

I'd dropped Eleanor, Danielle and Lou off at their houses. Lou had my dress as she was keeping until the wedding. It was now just me, Zara and Emma and my mum who were coming a seperate car. Just as Harry, walked into the room, so did Emma and my so called mum.

PLAY STANDING IN THE DARK BY LAWSON AND CONTINUE READING (LINK TO SONG ON SIDEBAR)

"What's up?" Harry asked, looking rather scared.

"What the fuck were you thinking?" I shouted, pointing at my mum.

Harry looked back between my mum and I. His face went pale.

"I-I..."

"Do you even understand how long I've been trying to forget about what she and my dad did? How is the prick anyway?" I turned to my mum.

"I-I left him."

"What?"

"I left your father after you left. He stayed in Bradford and I moved down to London. I missed you."

"Bullshit! It's all fucking bullshit! Do you realised how much you messed me up? I spent six months in a mental health unit because I was depressed and seeing shit! Emma and Zara know! I was bullied like shit at my new school! Do you even know how that feels?" I said my eyes leaking with tears.

My mum bit her lip.

"Do you even know who I am? Do you even know what I do?" I asked.

She shook her head.

"I'm a singer-songwriter. When I left home I had nothing going for me. So I turned to music. I started writing songs. It was the only thing that made me happy. I wrote sad songs, depressing songs. Then when I met Harry I started to feel something. Something that I'd never felt before. Love. All those depressing songs disappeared and turned into happy songs. Now I've made a career out of it. I tell you what mum, you can beg as much as you want and you can point out the obvious, but I will never and never have been you're daughter."

I wiped my eyes and turned around and ran up the stairs. I had nothing left to say to her. Harry could fuck himslef as well. What in fucks name was he thinking?

I laid on my bed and cried. My whole life, it had been nothing but hell. Now it was coming back to haunt me. I don't know what I'd done wrong.

I've stood in the dark my whole life.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HI BABEY CAKES. THIS CHAPTER HAS ALOT OF MEANING TO IT AS I RELATE TO MY CHARACTER ALOT. I TURN TO MUSIC WHEN I'M UPSET OR ANGRY, AND THE SONG CHOICE FOR THIS CHAPTER WAS WHAT I WAS LISTENING TO WHILE I WAS WRITING THIS. I ALWAYS LISTEN TO MUSIC WHEN I'M WRITING BECAUSE IT GIVES ME INSPIRATION.

PLEASE VOTE XXXXXX