Chapter 11

Katniss' P.O.V

Five days later

The past five days have been torturous. I've talked to Peeta everyday for at least an hour. Our talks are usually about what we did or saying I love you multiple times. I haven't seen Gale since that day, and I'm glad. Peeta and I haven't talked about how his progress is going with his hijacking. He always seems to avoid the topic.

Peeta is supposed to be here anytime. For all I know he might not even come back today. Nightmares filled my sleep every single night. I barely got any sleep. Sae every day sat on the couch and waited till I ate my food.

I grab my jacket and put on my boots. It's gotten a little bit warmer. I'm glad now, because I can hunt more , but I don't want to go back knowing that Gale is probably still here. He knows where I hunt.

I walk out the door and pass Haymitch's house. I walk towards the hob and see Sae.

"Hi," I say as I walk up to her.

"Is Peeta back yet?" She asks. I shake my head.

"Here's some soup I made, in case you were hungry" she says handing me a container.

"Thank you" I reply.

" you should go hunting, I could use the game and you could get your mind off things" she says.

"I... I don't know" I stutter. I don't think she knows about the encounter I had with Gale. Hell, Peeta doesn't even know.

"Well, I should get going" I say.

"Bye" Sae says as I walk away. I decide to pay Effie a visit and see how she is doing. I walk into the Victors Village. Oh! I forgot, I also found buttercup and he's been staying at my house. He's the only thing left of her. I walk into Haymitch's house.

"Effie?" I holler.

"Hi dear, " she says. I find her sitting on the couch watching the projecter.

"Have you talked to Haymitch lately?" I ask.

"Everyday. Yeah he said they were coming back today sometime" she says. We sit there talking for about fifteen minutes when I hear the door open. Haymitch stands there.

"Haymitch!" Effie screeches. I get up, and he motions outside. I run past Haymitch and Effie ,towards my house. Exitement and fear runs through me. What if he is back to his hijacked self? What if he isn't better? I run through my door.

"Peeta?" I ask.

"Katniss?" I hear him say back. I run in the kitchen and through the living room. I can't find him. I start to walk up the stairs then I hear his beautiful voice.

"Katniss? Where are you going?" He smiles. I practically as from the stairs and run into his arms. I've missed this.

"I missed you" I say.

"I've missed you too" he replies. We pull away from eachother and his lips land on mine. Butterflies stir in my stomach and hunger spreads throughout my body. Before it gets any deeper I pull away.

"How did everything go?" I ask.

"Fine I got some, medications hopefully that will help" he says.

"And I'm exhausted " he says plopping down on the couch. I sit down with him and curl in to his chest. For awhile we just sit there laying in each other's arms. Peetas breaths even out and that's when I know he's asleep. I look at his blonde hair and twirl it in my fingers. We might actually be happy now.

No matter how many times Peeta has attempted to kill me or hurt me I will still love him. He could break off my limbs and I would still love him. A smirk appears on his lips.

"Your awake" I laugh.

"I am" he replies.

"You hungry?" He asks.

"I am" I reply. He starts to go in the kitchen but I stop him.

"Your not going to ask me what I want?" I ask.

"Katniss," he sighs.

"I already know what you want" he finishes.

"And that would be" I add.

"Cheese buns" I smile. Yeah that's what I wanted. I missed them too.

"Yeah.." I say looking down. I plop back down on the couch and let my thoughts take me away.

It takes 10 times to pull yourself together than it does to fall apart.

You could live a hundred lifetimes and never deserve that boy.

May the odds be ever in your favor.

There either gonna want to kiss you, kill you, or be you.

You love me, real or not real?

I'm broken out of my though when I hear Peeta.

"Katniss! It's ready." He yells from the kitchen. I jump up and head towards him. I quickly peck him on the lips and start to eat my cheese buns. 4 lovely made cheese buns sit in front of me. Before I start on my second one I hear a knock on the door.

I don't bother to get it, so Peeta walks over. I continue to eat my cheese buns.

"Katniss?" Peeta asks.

"What?" I ask.

"Um- someone's here to see you" he says. I drop my cheese bun and walk to the door. There stands a man. A man that I thought has left to go back to district two. But apparently not because there stands Gale.

Oh my gosh! Almost 130 reads. I think. Sorry for short chapter. My next one will be long. Um I'm going to update a least one more time tonight! So get ready I would love to hear feedback by the way! Oh and please hope and pray for Everdeendistricts she is going through a hard time right now. Stay alive- Sammi