Chapter 2

When I wake, out of a nightmare- less sleep, I find that Peeta has slipped out of bed with me. I slowly ease out of bed and put on my sweater that I had brung with me when I came over here. When I walk down the cold, hard wooden stairs I find Peeta in the kitchen.

He turns around. That when I try to hold in a laugh because he has flour all over his face and torso.

"Good morning" he says.

"Hi" I giggle.

"What? Why are you laughing?" He says. I slowly walk over to him and take a towel that sits by the sink. Turning on the sink, I drench the towel in water then I squeeze the water out so it doesn't get everywhere but the towel is still wet. I take his face in my hands and wipe the flour off.

"You had flour all over your face" I say wiping the remainder of the flour off his face.

" Oh, that's why you were laughing" he says. I take the towel and move down to his torso wiping the flour off.

"That's better" I say.

" Do you want some breakfast?" He asks me. I am hungry but I ignore it. I just don't wanna eat but I know he'll force me too. So I come up with an excuse.

" No , I'm still kinda full from the soup and bread I had last night" I lie. He looks at me straight in the eyes were I meet his blue orbs.

"I don't believe you," he says flatly.

" I'm not that hungry" I sternly say.

"Well, you know Katniss, I'm just trying to help you, there is nothing wrong with getting a little bit of help! I don't want you to starve yourself, Katniss!" he yells, then he slowly turns around to continue baking his bread. He seemed a little disappointed I said no. I quickly walk out of his house. Tears threaten to spill over. I have no idea why that really wasn't a "fight".

I walk over to my house and open the door. I plop onto the couch thinking about what my life would be like with him. But I just shake it off and slowly fall asleep.To my suprise, no nightmares are in my sleep. I awake to find the fire in the fire place started and freshly made bread on the table. Peeta must have been here when I was asleep. I'm really not mad at Peeta I just think I can feed and take care of myself on my own. I slowly stand up and walk towards the door and put on my boots and my jacket. I just need to talk to someone. I hesitantly walk to Haymitch  house thinking he's gonna be so drunk and won't hear anything I say. But I walk in and finding Haymitch on his chair drinking a bottle of something.

"Welcome, Sweetheart! To my happy hearted home" he slurs. When I walk over to him I have a hard time not to gag at the smell of vomit and liquor.

"What brings you here?" He slurs.

" I'm here to talk" I say but it really doesn't bring any interest into him.

" Anddddd drink" I say regretting those words.

" Finally you do something that is smart " he says with joy in his voice.

"Yea, whatever" I mutter. I grab the bottle out of his hand. And take a drink. When it slides down my throat I feel a burning sensation that gives me satisfaction. I take another swig and hand it to Haymitch.