Chapter 12

Peetas P.O.V

Long chapter*

Katniss stands there with a surprised look on her face. Not only does she look surprised but she looks angry.

"What are you doing here?" She scowls.

" I need to talk to you Katniss" he says.

"After what happened you think, that you can just come in here and talk to me like nothing happened?" She says. What happened?

" What happened?" I ask.

"Peeta ,not know" she says. Not now? Seriously? She can't just hide things like that from me.

"No, right now!" I practically yell.

" What happened?" I repeat. She sighs.

"When you were gone, I walked into Gale in the woods. I kinda lashed out on him. Then he grabbed my wrist and he ended up actually giving me a bruise. That night when I was talking to you, that's the reason I was crying. I was just too upset." She says. I can't believe she didn't tell me. I would've helped.

"Katniss, can I talk to you? -- Alone" Gale says. Katniss looks up at me.

"5 minutes" I say. Katniss and Gale walk into the living room and I walk upstairs. I hope nothing happens. I don't want to loose her.

Katniss P.O.V

Gale and I walk into the living room and sit on the couch.

"C'mon Gale, make it quick" I say. I wish Peeta would've said no.

" Why are you with him?" He asks.

"What?" I  ask disgusted.

"Why are you with Peeta?" He repeats.

" Because I love him! He didn't leave me here and take off to another district!" I yell.

" Really? Where has he been the last week? Looks like he left. Cmon Katniss. Just be with me. He will just hurt you, I would never do that." Gale says.

" It's not Peetas fault he had to go to the Capitol" I huff.

" Katniss, just be with me" he says again.

"Gale I'm sorry but, I love Peeta and I'm with him." I say in a calmer tone. Before I know it Gale grabs my neck and pulls me against his lips. This are the worst kiss I've ever had. I try to break away but he won't let me. Finally we break apart.

"What the hell?" I say spitting.

"Katniss, I'm sorry, so sorry" he says he starts to walk out the door. But before he does Peeta comes racing down the steps and he attacks him.

Peeta punches Gale in the nose making blood drip down. Gale fires back and punches him in the jaw and stomach.

" Stop it! Both of you, Stop!" I scream. They keep fighting, punch after punch. I grab ahold of Peeta trying to get him to stop. But it isn't working. Peeta is still lashing out on Gale. I walk over to Gale and grab his wrists. But he's to strong. Gale throws his wrists down and punches me in the stomach.

I fall to the ground, the world around me blurs. I can't breathe or see. I see a figure as it attacks another figure who I can't make out. I wheeze trying to fill my lungs with air. A figure walks over to me and kneels down. Air slowly starts to its way through my lungs. My vision starts to clear as I see the figure that was hovering over me go and restrain the other two figures fighting. The figure hovering above me needed up being Haymitch and I think you can guess who was fighting.