Chapter 21

Katniss' P.O.V

Thunder roars in the sky as I make my way to the bakery. Dark clouds start to make their way into the sky above me. I pick up my pace and start to jog to the bakery.

People around me start to go into the buildings to take cover of the heavy rain thats about to hit.

Im still about a fourth of a mile away from the bakery. Rain starts to sprinkle down in me, then it starts to come down harder.

My hair falls down in big wet locks and my clothes start to sag as the rain saturates it. The bakery starts to come into view as I shiver.

I continue to run as I see Peeta open the doors of the bakery. Lightning strikes then immediately after that thunder follows it.

I run into the bakery to find 4 pairs of eyes stare at me.

"Come on, " Peeta says lightly grabbing my arm. My teeth chatter and I wrap my arms around my chest.

"Are you cold?" he asks.

"Yes.... Very" I chatter. He hands me some sweatpants and one of his t-shirts as he kisses my temple.

I walk into the bathroom, and I pull my soaked clothes of my wet body pulling the dry clothes on my body I hear laughter outside. A woman's laugh and a man talking.

I suprizingly put my clothes on fast, I pull my hair into a French braid down my back, the same hairstyle I wore to the second reaping.

I open the door and I see Peeta talking to some woman with blonde hair.

Getting at a better angle I see he's talking to someone I haven't seen in a long time.

"Peeta?" I ask.

"Katniss hey" he replies.

"Hi Katniss" Delly says. I don't say anything I just smile and walk over to Peeta, I'm not smiling at her at all. I'm still furious with her because of what she's done in the past.

She tried to break us apart and I didn't like it.

I softly grab Peetas face and kiss his passionately. He stands there in shock and so does Delly. I grab the umbrella behind the counter and I walk outside as I open the umbrella.

I hope she's utterly jealous of what I did she really deserves it. The rain pounds on my umbrella and it rolls off of it.

I see Sae under a little rooftop as she waves at me and smiles. I return the smile back at her.

My feet carry me back home, as thunder roars in the sky. Lights are on at Haymitch's house as I see Effie in the window. She must be cooking something because she's in the kitchen.

I open the door and plop down on the couch. The clock reads four o'clock and the bakery usually closes about five. But I know Peeta and he will stay there forever. 

Peeta repeatedly bakes and cooks for me and I appreciate it a lot. But I lived by myself for almost a year I think I can cook for myself. Even though I never ate anything during that time. 

My feet patter against the floor as I make my way into the kitchen. I pull out flour, baking soda, chocolate chips, and all the other ingredients I need to bake cookies according to Peeta's recipe book.