Chapter 1: Taken

><Jaden Rhee><

"Glenn!" I Screamed. The house burned with bright flames, turning the dark night into a beautiful orange and grey color. "Glenn! Help!" I cried, feeling the heat against my bare skin. It was painful but bare able. A loud creaking sound caused me to look up. Just as I did, a burning beam from above fell and crashed down in front of me. The heat hit my skin like a brick wall. I cried out in agonizing pain as blisters formed along my arms and legs. "Jaden!" I looked up and past the burning beam, finding my brother on the other side. "Hold on, Jaden!" Glenn ran over and jumped across the beam, hissing in pain from his burns. "Glenn... I'm scared!" I yelled over the sound of the flames. "Do you trust me?" He asked me. With out any hesitation, I nodded. I trusted my brother with my life. "Good!" He wrapped his arms around my then ran towards the wall. "Wait Glenn!" He didn't stop. Instead, he ran and crashed through the window, which was four stories above ground. It felt like we were flying. But then I looked down.. The ground was coming closer! I screamed and held onto Glenn. Before I knew it, I felt wet. "Blen!" I screamed. His body was limp and we were under the water, in the 12-ft area. I held the little breath I had and swam towards Glenn, ignoring the protests from my burning legs. I wrapped my arm around Glenn's side and swam upwards. Together we broke the surface and I gasped for air. "Jaden! Glenn!" I heard the familiar voice of our oldest brother, Crain. He ran over and pulled Glen from the water while I climbed out. "Breath, Glenn!" Crain hissed, pushing against Glenn's chest. At that same moment, Glenn gasped then began coughing up water. His first words were; "You saved me..."

My eyes fluttered open and I glanced around. I was within the safety of my own home, not in the burning building. Thank god as well. That was one of the worst memories with me and my brothers. Yet, it still wasn't my worst. One thing I realized, I was alone. Again. "Crain?" I whispered, just to be sure. My dagger sat across the room, on the old television stand. When there was no answer, I got up and walked over to my only weapon, grabbing it and holding it tightly in my hand. This dagger was a gift from Glenn, before he left. He said he was going to work on my 26th birthday but then he never returned. This was my birthday present from him. I sighed and loosened my grip. If only the good memories could play themselves over again... I bent down and grabbed my black survival bag, walking outside after. Today wasn't the first time I've been alone, but it was the first time id be the one leaving. Crain would return, he always has. But he wouldn't find me there...
As I walked out, I crashed into something... well more like some one. I fell and landed with a thud. My grip tightened around the red handle of my dagger as I looked up at the thing. It wasn't a dead person... Instead, he was very much alive. "Fuck-" I started only to be hit in the head with a mighty force. At first, it was painless.. then I felt the pain and my vision started blurring... until everything was black.

"Why the hell did you hit her, dip shit?!" A deep voice hissed. "I don't know! It was just a reaction!" A second voice spoke. "Where are we?" Was the only thing I could say. "On the road, pretty lady." A man with pushed back brown hair spoke from next to me. "Oh my god Shane. Do you really gotta try that with her?" I turned and found the source of the new voice. It was a black guy with short curly hair. "Guys, just shut the fuck up, I have to think!" The driver said. The driver was Mexican man. "Who are you?" I asked. "I'm Shane. That's T-Dog, Mexican and Merle." Merle? That sounded familiar. "Why do you call me Mexican?" The driver asked. "Because I don't know your real name." Shane rolled his eyes. "Its-" "Nor do I want to know!" Shane added. I giggles and forgot about the fact that they TOOK me.
The vehicle slowed to a stop at a camp. Down below was a lake. Girls were down there by the water. "'Ey Baby brother!" Merle called out. A man with a crossbow walked out of the shadows of the trees. "What Merle?" He asked. His voice was gruff and dep. I liked it. There were two kids, a boy and a girl, running around, chasing each other. Shane got out and walked over to a woman sitting by a fire. An old man sat on top of an R.V. keeping watch. They had meat cooking over the fire. Fresh meat. They all seemed to have no cares at all. "Shane... what is this place?" I asked. "This is home." He smirked and got out, walking over to the woman over by the fire. Once he reached her, he gave her a passionate kiss. Too bad I didn't have any one to do that with...

I sighed and made my way to the lake down below. Once I got there, I found a group of four girls and two guys. Two blonde girls, one black woman and one old lady. The guys... I could only see their backs. As I walked over, I caught the attention of the younger looking blonde. "Andrea, look..." She shoved the other blonde, who I learned was Andrea. "Who are you?" When she asked this the other girls looked up from doing their laundry. "Who is that?" "Where did she come from?" The older man looked back and seen me. A few second's later, the other man turned... Oh my god.

"Glenn?"