Chapter 5: Freedom, Walkers and Guns

><Jaden><

My heart raced and I was filled with panic. As if on instinct, I used my left foot and kicked Merle forward. He fell onto his face and I took the chance to run. I ran back to where I think camp was. I was so turned around. "Help!" I cried, not caring if any one could hear me or not. "Get yo' bitch ass back here!" Merle growled, coming after me. I held my breath and hid behind a cluster of trees. He couldn't find me! He cant! If he does, I'm a goner for sure!

<>Daryl<>

I found my crossbow laying on the ground. All the arrows were here... then that's when I heard it: "Help!"
"Get yo' bitch ass back here!"

><Jaden><

My breathing picked up as Merle came closer and closer. "Fuck..." He muttered and rushed away. I stayed put until I thought it was save, then I ran back towards camp. I crashed into something and looked up. "W-w-walker!" I whispered and ran the other direction. "Help!" I cried in a hushed shout. Then I ran into something else. Hands gripped my shoulders... I'm done for...
"Jaden?" I didn't even know I closed my eyes until I had to open them. When I looked up I found Daryl staring into my eyes, full of an unknown emotion. "D-daryl?" He nodded and pulled me closer. The walker from a few seconds ago began making its way towards us. Daryl set me down and took one of his arrows from his crossbow and drove it into the walker's head.
"Who did this to you?" Daryl asked. "Merle..." I felt something drip onto my torn jeans and onto my skin. I'm crying.. "Come on, lets get you back." I nod and he stands up. I was about to stand up when I felt his arm slide under my knees and behind my back. "Why are you carrying me?" I asked, my head spinning in confusion. "Do you want to walk?" He asked in a sarcastic tone. I shook my head and he laughed. "That's what I thought."

We were almost to camp when we heard gunshots. I pulled an arrow from Daryl's crossbow and he got his crossbow ready. "Walkers!" I heard the people in camp shout. "Walkers?" Everything began to fall into place. "When I was with Merle, he had walkers ready. He was going to use me as bait!" My eyes widened. "GLENN!" I screamed. "CRAIN!" I ran into camp, killing any walker in my path. Daryl followed me into camp. There was a loud bang and then pain. "Jaden!" I heard Daryl's voice full of worry, followed by many others. Tears rolled down my cheeks and I held my hand against my side. When I looked to where the pain was, I found a pool of blood around my. "Help.." Was all I could say. A river of tears flowed down my face and my vision blurred slowly. I could see Crain holding a shot gun, bending down and crying. Glenn and Rick both ran over to me, killing any nearby walkers. I felt my body gently moved up into some one's lap. When I looked up to see who it was I smiled. Daryl was holding me. "Your so cute..." I began to giggle. Why would I say that? I wasn't thinking straight. I felt high...
"Whats wrong with her!?" Crain's deep voice almost yelled. "She's in shock and she's losing too much blood! Some one needs to make a trip to town for me-" My eyes rolled to the top of my head and my vision went black.

<>Daryl<>

"Your so cute..." She began to giggle. I looked around, slightly in embarrassment. Why? Well, I'm not acting like myself and she just called me cute... in front of all these people. Her two brothers...
Her eyes rolled to the back of her head and she passed out. He gently laid her on the ground and gritted my teeth together. Then something snapped. "What the fuck Crain! Do we need to take your fucking gun away?!" I yelled, getting up in Crain's face. "I-It was an accident..." He said, just now realizing what he did. "An ACCIDENT?!" I looked away, holding my hand against my mouth. "SHE COULD DIE BECAUSE OF YOU!" I cried. took a step away then turned back towards Crain, giving him a huge shove. He fell back and onto his back, getting scrapes on his back as his shirt went up. Crain stood up and walked away, back to his tent.
"Daryl? What's wrong?" Glenn asked me. "I-I don't know..." I said and walked away. This girl was getting to me... and we met only two weeks ago.
As I walked away I began to think. The tears fell as I imagined her dying. "Please Jaden..." I turned and found Andrea with her sister, Amy. Carol was with Ed. Damn... my brother is a fucking asshole! If he didn't get himself in trouble, he wouldn't have cut his hand off, Jaden wouldn't have gotten shot... When I find Merle, I'm gonna kill him if she dies.