Chapter 19: Believe me, i'm lying

Picture of Gab on the side!

"Do you know him, Gab?" Avery asked.

Did he follow me here?

"Do you mind letting go off me now, Jackson?" 

He did, apologizing. I studied his eyes, waiting to smile at him but i restrained myself.

James scratched his head, confused, and Avery wasn't ashamed to look amused, smiling widely. 

"About today-"

"Not here." I hissed, and nodded outside of the shop.

"Um...Gabbyson?" James asked.

I turned to James, forcing a smile, "I'll meet you outside."

James nodded and smiled hesitantly. "Don't be too long okay, kiddo?" 

"I wouldn't miss my chance to get free ice cream, remember?" 

So here i was, sitting on the benches in the mall next to Jackson. 

"S-So-"

"How have you been?" I asked him, really meaning it.

He looked surprised for a second but answered, "I'm okay, i guess."

I nodded my head slowly.

"How about you?"

I didn't answer, but turned to him, my mood serious now. "So...tell me the truth." I started, "You really didn't do anything wrong."

"I don't know, it depends. I don't know what i did." Jackson said, swallowing hard.

I narrowed my eyes. Please Jackson. Tell me the truth. I pleaded in my head. 

I put my feet up on the bench, my knees bent and sighed, closing my eyes. "So you have nothing to do with Rachel Phillips...?"

Jackson didn't answer my question, instead he furrowed his eyebrows at me. "Why would i?" He asked.

I glared at him, "I asked you a question first. Now answer." 

He squinted his eyes a little bit at me. "Didn't you hear what i said in class today?" He asked.

I grew frustrated. "Are you ignoring the question?" 

He scanned my face carefully, then spoke again. "What happened to the old Gabbyson?"

"She's right here." I swallowed, my facial expression not changing. I was right. This was me. Well, agent mode me. I hated how he always changed the topic.

"Yeah, but you seem to really hate me for some reason. And i hate that." 

I met his eyes, there was sincerity in it. I shook my head and looked away. "Why?" I asked, looking at my knees. 

"Huh?" 

"Why do you hate it?" I repeated, not realising i was going off topic. 

"Because we've been friends for a very long time and you're the reason i changed for the better. And you know i wouldn't do anything to make you hate me." He said. That was true. "I mean i miss joking around with you and stuff." 

"So you swear you didn't do something extremely bad that you should own up to?" I looked in his eyes, hoping to believe him. "Is there anything that you're guilty of?" 

That sentence seemed to catch him off guard for a second, as he looked away and froze.He clenched his jaw and finally opened his mouth. "No." He simply said.