Chapter 29: Going Downhill

Pic of Aaron on the side! --------------->

Blade's P.O.V.

I was laying on the couch, staring up at the ceiling and trying to figure out why Gabbyson was skipping school. Was it because of me? Is something happening at home. 

Since days she's been haunting my mind. I looked around the now dirty, messy apartment, filled with clothes and alcohol lying around unusual spots, the full trash bin that i wasn't bothered taking out begged to be emptied, the kitchen counter was filled with undone dishes, rusty cutlery, dirty cups, last week's expired milk, old receipts, pens and pencils that were out of place, and topping all of it off were pile of clothes sitting around waiting to be noticed. and the broken glass and spilled alcohol was still lying dangerously on the floor. I cringed. 

It was basically a shit hole. 

I was a shit hole. 

I looked over to my right and reached out for my phone on the table. I slowly swiped my fingers down to my contacts and stopped at Gabbyson's name. I just stared at it, frowning. 

I don't have the guts to do it. I didn't even reply to the text she sent me. I'm such an ass hole. 

Suddenly i heard the door opening and i sat up, looking at who ti was.

I rolled my eyes and lied back down when i saw that it was just Aaron.

He smiled sadly and looked around the apartment, wrinkling his nose.

"This place needs to be cleaned up." He said.

When i didn't give him a reply, he sighed and walked over to the kitchen, examining the mess that was in front of his eyes. 

He drew in a sharp breath.

"Stinks." 

I finally turned to him. "What were you up to that you had to be out all day? If you want to complain so much, then you should've cleaned it up yourself instead of roaming around the streets." 

"Well maybe i will clean this whole house up...just give me a minute..." He looked worriedly around the room.

I raised an eyebrow. 

"So when are you gonna get a job? I'm not paying the rent alone if you're going to stay here too if that's what you're thinking." I said, bitterly.

"I will get a job." He said, confidently. 

"Oh really? When?" I asked him.

"I...haven't figured that out yet, but trust me." He pleaded.

I narrowed my eyes at him, crossing my hands. "Fine. But hurry up."

His eyes lit up as he grinned, "Right." 

He stood there, looking back at the messy area. 

"So...you never told me the real reason as to why you're here."

Aaron sighed, slowly sitting down on the couch opposite me. He seemed to think of what to say, as he played with his fingers. 

Then he finally spoke, "I've been thinking about my life lately. And i'm thinking of making up to you and dad... I mean it seems pointless to just be mad forever. And i realized we can't do that to each other. We're family. I was young, and jealous and i guess i just felt left out. Like i wasn't good enough." I saw the sincerity in his eyes, and i looked down, taking all of this in. 

"I'm sorry, man.I know i should've said this sooner but-"

I shook m head. "I'm sorry too. I was such a selfish scumbag. I didn't care about how you were feeling at the time. I was too engrossed on being the best. I didn't realize how you felt." I face palmed myself as i waited for the awkward silence to end.