Chapter 7: New Acquaintance?

Chapter 7: New Acquaintance?

I watched Taylor from the corner of my eyes light a cigarette and then blowing it out.

I bit my lip, my eyes lingering on the packet, "Hand me one, would you?" I asked, hinting that i had a bad day.

She looked unsure, then said, "Rotten kids these days. Take one quickly before anyone sees." 

My smirked and took one, letting her light it for me, i let my hand hang out of the car window a bit, looking out of it. Taylor widened her eyes at me, "Take your hand out of there someone might see you and i'm so not getting in trouble by the law!" She scolded and slapped my arm. 

I raised my eyebrows. "You're annoying. Stop being so paranoid. Anyways, what did you want to talk to me about?" I asked, my impatience growing.

"OK. Well, I know we got off on the wrong foot this morning and i wanted to apologise."

I raised my eyebrows again and blew out the smoke. "Apology accepted."

"You could apologise too you little squirt." She said.

I rolled my eyes at her, "Could you ever be more rude? Sorry, okay? I was out of line and i was the one that started it for no reason." I said, smiling proudly just to piss her off.

 She narrowed her eyes at me, flicking her cig out of the car window.

I gave her a 'what the hell?' look. 

"So stupid..." I mumbled to myself, shaking my head. Why am i even sitting in this car with this bitch?

But she didn't answer me, "Hah. You're calling me stupid? I am a proud lawyer that achieved far greater things than you."

"Wow. Must be boring." I said, but secretly i was impressed. I was always interested about law stuff and crimes. 

"And what kind of school bag is this?" She asked, grimancing at my school bag like it was smeared with manure and urine. "At least add a little bling to it. Like diamonds and stuff- oh i'm sorry, you can't afford it." She laughed at her own joke, "Oh, darling, i'm just kiddiing with you." 

"So you're into these blood diamonds, huh?" I asked, pissing her off.

"Shut up. I just buy them. It's not like i'm doing anything wrong." She warned.

I chuckled. It was fun pissing this woman off. 

"Besides," She said, smiling a bit, "Blade likes it when i wear glittery things."

I secretly gave her a death glare. But acted natural, "So you and Blade are pretty close?"

She nodded, "Oh yeah. Really close to one another"

"I heard you were going out." I said. 

She looked at me unbelievably, "Does he really tell you THAT much?" She looked at me, with a hint of jealousy to her face.

I nodded, "Well, he made it pretty obvious that he likes you." I said, slyly. I saw the smile reappearing on your face.

"So he talks about me a lot, huh?"

I shrugged, "Not really." 

Her smile dropped again. I laughed in my head mischievously. 

"So....where do you think you're gonna go for your date?" I asked, innocently.

"Well, he thought of this really cool idea: First we go surfing then we're going to have a beach picnic and watch the sunset!" She had a dreamy look in her eyes.